Fatal Motorcycle Accident on Hilo Street
The Fremont Police Department reported a fatal motorcycle accident on Hilo Street on the night of Friday, April 28, 2023. The crash occurred shortly before 8:20 p.m. at the intersection of Hilo Street and Blacow Road, according to investigators.
Information on the Fatal Motorcycle Accident on Hilo Street
A preliminary release revealed that Fremont PD received reports of a vehicle versus motorcycle accident in the area. Eyewitnesses advised investigators that the car involved in the crash allegedly fled the scene following the incident.
First responders and officials located two parties lying on the road. One individual suffered serious injuries and was treated at an area hospital. Sadly, the other party succumbed to their injuries at the collision site. Their identity has been withheld due to pending notification of family members.
Fremont PD later located the suspect driver and vehicle near the area of Blacow Road and Grimmer Boulevard. The motorist was arrested in connection with the incident. Those with details on the fatal motorcycle accident on Hilo Street are encouraged to call Fremont PD at (510) 790-6760.
What to Do After a Hit-and-Run Motorcycle Accident
A hit-and-run accident involving a motorcycle rider may result in life-changing consequences for the biker and their family. If involved in this type of situation, it is essential to act quickly to protect your rights and interests. Follow these steps if you were involved in a crash caused by a hit-and-run driver:
- Call the Police: Immediately after a hit-and-run motorcycle accident, call 911 and request medical attention at the scene if you or anyone else is injured. It is essential that officials are contacted right away. This will increase the chances of authorities locating the driver responsible for the hit-and-run crash and holding them liable for the incident.
- Gather Information: The more details you have about the hit-and-run accident, the greater the chances of officials tracking down the motorist responsible for the incident. Having such information will also help your California personal injury lawyer, who can work with a private investigator to locate the suspect party if local law enforcement is unsuccessful in doing so.
- Look for Eyewitnesses: After you are in a safe area following the hit-and-run crash, try to look for potential eyewitnesses. Ask them for their contact information and if they are able to await the arrival of investigators to provide a statement. Eyewitness accounts are essential for police investigations and personal injury claims as they provide crucial information on uncovering the truth about a crash.
- Contact Your Insurance: You may be able to have your insurer cover your losses. This is assuming you have auto insurance and carry uninsured/underinsured motorist protection. UM coverage may pay for damages from a hit-and-run motorcycle collision. There must be clear evidence demonstrating that a hit-and-run driver was involved and that their vehicle made contact with the motorcyclist.
- Reach Out to an Attorney: If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle crash caused by a hit-and-run driver, it is in your best interest to retain legal counsel right away. When dealing with insurers, you need a skilled attorney who can protect your rights and will stop at nothing to obtain maximum compensation for your losses.
About Our Law Firm
At AutoAccident.com, we have decades of collective experience handling a wide array of accident cases, including those that involve motorcycle riders. When you reach out to us for assistance, we will provide skilled legal representation and compassionate guidance. For more details, schedule a free consultation or watch this video about our services.
Personal Injury Attorney in Fremont
The unfortunate reality about motorcycle crashes involving hit-and-run drivers is that the suspect party may never be found or identified. The motorist may get away with the crime and resulting damages. This may be particularly upsetting for those affected, especially when injuries or a loss of life are involved. This is where the assistance of a skilled injury attorney will be useful. A lawyer with the right resources and experience will work with a private investigator to identify the suspect party. If unsuccessful, your attorney will negotiate an uninsured motorist claim with your insurer and seek full compensation.
If you were injured or lost a family member in a motorcycle collision involving a hit-and-run motorist, contact our legal team at AutoAccident.com for a free consultation at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400. Our skilled and compassionate Fremont personal injury attorneys are available to review the specifics of your hit-and-run motorcycle accident case and determine the best course of action moving forward. Our law office handles cases on contingency which means that we do not require payment for legal representation from clients unless we obtain a successful result in a verdict or settlement.
Go to these links to read reviews and comments by former clients:
At AutoAccident.com, we are honored to be featured in these groups as members of the California chapters:
Photo Credit: Pexels “DhivakaranS”
:ds llo [cs 877]