Fatal Injuries Reported in Lodi Car Accident
I’m Ed Smith, a Lodi wrongful death lawyer. A car accident claimed the life of a passenger south of Lodi on July 25, 2018. Shortly after 5:00 in the morning, a large truck carrying a load of spas overturned along the northbound lanes of Highway 99 in the vicinity of Armstrong Road. As a white GMC utility pickup truck was slowing down for traffic behind the truck accident, a 2009 Ford Taurus traveling behind the GMC was unable to stop in time to avoid a collision. The Ford veered to the left as an attempt to avoid the GMC but struck the rear-end of the pickup truck, causing severe damage to the Ford. The impact of the collision propelled the Ford out of control, causing it to strike the center median and rear-end of a Ford Transit van. Unfortunately, the passenger sitting in the front seat of the Ford suffered fatal injuries at the scene. Officials have not yet identified the victim as their family members have not yet been notified.
We would like to send our healing thoughts and prayers to those grieving the loss of their loved one during this devastating time.
Passenger Injury Claims
In the event of an auto accident causing serious injury to a passenger, that party may have grounds to file a personal injury claim against multiple insurance policies based on circumstances of the collision. For instance, if a car runs a red light and crashes into a vehicle the passenger was riding in, that passenger may bring a claim against the at-fault driver’s policy. When an accident is caused by the driver of the vehicle that the passenger was riding in, such as a rear-end accident, a claim can be brought by the passenger against that driver for damages incurred. Contact an attorney for more details.
Watch YouTube Video – By Lodi Wrongful Death Lawyer Edward A Smith – What Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Claim?
Car Accidents and Wrongful Death Damages
When a car accident claims the life of a passenger, surviving family members of the decedent may file a wrongful death claim against the party responsible for the death. These types of claims compensate damages such as:
- Medical Bills: These may be recovered in a survival action if the decedent sustained severe injuries in an accident and lived a short time during hospitalization before expiring;
- Loss of Benefits: These may include health care that was provided by the deceased to his or her dependents, pension, and other related benefits;
- Funeral Costs: All expenses associated with a funeral, memorial or burial of the deceased;
- Loss of Income: If the decedent was the primary breadwinner of the family, his or her dependents may be left with significantly reduced income due to the unforeseen death;
- Household Services: If the deceased did not work and served as a stay-at-home parent for the family, a value may be assigned to the domestic services that he or she provided such as housekeeping and childcare;
- Loss of Consortium: Affection, moral support and other non-economic damages caused by a loved one’s death may be considered.
How a Wrongful Death Attorney Can Help
A wrongful death can cause life-changing consequences for the family of the victim. If this has happened to your family, assistance may be available for your situation by contacting an experienced wrongful death attorney in Lodi. A compassionate lawyer understands how devastating it is to lose someone you love due to the negligence of someone else, especially when the support of that loved one is suddenly withdrawn. During your grieving period, your attorney will guide you through the process of filing a claim to help you obtain fair compensation to secure your future without your loved one by your side.
Lodi Wrongful Death Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Lodi wrongful death lawyer. Car accidents can be devastating, especially when they claim the life of a loved one. If your family has experienced this, I am truly sorry for your loss. During these challenging times, you may contact me any time at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 to receive compassionate, free and friendly legal advice.
You are welcome to browse our client ratings and reviews listed on:
I belong to the Million Dollar Advocates as a member of the California chapter. Forum members are highly-ranked trial lawyers who have negotiated settlements or reached verdicts worth $1 million or more for a client.
Browse our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Image Attribution: By “Counselling” via Pixabay under CC0 Creative Commons
:ds [cs 779] cv