Fatal Crash on Vasco Road Near Livermore
On Thursday, October 6, 2022, a fatal crash took place on Vasco Road near the Livermore area, officials reported. The incident occurred on North Vasco Road near Old Rooney Ranch Road at approximately 3:40 a.m. and involved two vehicles, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Details on the Fatal Crash on Vasco Road Near Livermore
CHP traffic officers reported that two vehicles, a black Honda Accord and a white Honda Civic, were involved in the collision. One of the drivers, 28-year-old Chad Flores of Brentwood, was declared deceased at the scene. A GoFundMe page has been created on behalf of Chad Flores and his family to help pay for funeral service costs.
The other driver, a 28-year-old man from Livermore, was treated for serious injuries at Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley. Authorities indicated that the drivers were the sole occupants of their vehicles at the time of the incident.
The area was shut down for two hours for officials to conduct an investigation and clear the scene. Information on what led up to the two-vehicle crash and whether any other parties were injured was not immediately available.
What is a Wrongful Death Claim?
When a family loses a loved one in a car accident, they may be eligible to bring a wrongful death claim against the negligent party or entity responsible for the incident. Survivors may seek reimbursement for losses, such as:
- Medical Expenses: If the deceased lived long enough to receive medical treatment for final injuries from the incident, end-of-life costs may be recoverable through a survival action.
- Funeral Services: Costs of funeral and burial services in memory of a lost loved one are recoverable.
- Loss of Care, Companionship, and Protection: This non-economic damage accounts for the decedent no longer being around to provide surviving family members with the protection, companionship, and care they need.
- Loss of Support: If the decedent was the primary provider of the household, it may be challenging for survivors to make ends meet. Fortunately, this economic damage accounts for the past and future financial support the deceased would have provided based on their age, occupation, education, health, life expectancy, and other factors.
How Our Law Firm Can Help Your Family
At AutoAccident.com, our legal team extends our condolences to anyone who has lost a loved one in a motor vehicle collision or another type of accident. When your family turns to us for assistance, we will stop at nothing to obtain the justice and maximum compensation you all deserve. Some of the ways we can help your family include:
- Gathering Evidence: A wrongful death claim is nothing without evidence to support it. An accident attorney can help your family by collecting and preserving evidence before it is lost or destroyed over time.
- Determining Damages: The wrongful death lawyer will work with expert witnesses to determine the maximum possible amount of economic and non-economic damages. Testimony from expert witnesses is necessary for establishing that damages are reasonable and necessary.
- Handling Communication: Claims adjusters often reach out to surviving family members for a recorded statement or to make a quick settlement offer. Remember that insurance adjusters may use your words against you. Conversely, an initial settlement offer may not fully account for what your family has gone through. Having an attorney on your side to handle written and verbal communication with the other side is essential to protecting your rights as a survivor.
- Helping Your Family Make Well-Informed Decisions: Your attorney will provide your family with regular updates regarding your fatal accident claim and the options for financial recovery. Input from your lawyer will help your family make well-informed decisions for your future.
When looking for a law firm serving Alameda County, look no further. Learn more about how our legal team can help by watching this video or calling for a free consultation today.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Livermore
I’m Ed Smith, a Livermore personal injury lawyer. Losing a loved one in an accident is painful and heartbreaking. If this has happened to your family, our legal team at AutoAccident.com is here to provide compassionate, free, and friendly case advice anytime. Dial (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400 to get started today.
For more details about our injury lawyers, visit these links:
Photograph Source: “cottonbro” via Pexels
:ds [cs 756] bw