Fatal Crash on Turnpike Road in Stockton
The Stockton Police Department reported a recent fatal crash on South Turnpike Road. The traffic collision occurred along the 3100 block of Turnpike Road near I-5 and involved two vehicles.
Details on the Fatal Crash on Turnpike Road in Stockton
Stockton PD reported that two vehicles were involved in a crash on Turnpike Road around 4:35 p.m. At least one party was injured in the car accident, officials said. Sadly, a passenger in one of the cars. A 33-year-old man suffered fatal injuries in the traffic collision. Additional information on the fatal car wreck on Turnpike Road in Stockton was not immediately available.
What is Wrongful Death?
California law defines wrongful death as a loss of life caused by the negligence of another party or entity. A wrongful death may occur in a wide array of situations, such as those involving motor vehicle collisions. When a fatal car accident is the result of driver negligence, surviving close relatives may have grounds for a wrongful death action against that party. In cases where the at-fault motorist has limited to no liability coverage, the family of the decedent may bring an uninsured or underinsured motorist claim to seek reimbursement of damages incurred. Contact an experienced accident attorney for more information.
How an Attorney Can Help Your Family with a Wrongful Death Case
An experienced wrongful death attorney from our law firm can provide your family with many valuable services to seek justice and maximum compensation on your behalf, including:
- Conducting an independent investigation of the incident to determine how the loss of life happened, which parties and entities should be held liable, and how much to seek in economic and non-economic damages
- Collecting and preserving evidence, such as traffic incident reports, coroner reports, medical records, and other relevant documentation
- Painting a vivid illustration of the decedent’s life and accomplishments through home videos, family photos, and statements from loved ones
- Handling direct communications and negotiations with insurance carriers to reach a mutual settlement agreement for a wrongful death claim
- Filing a lawsuit in civil court to protect the statute of limitations and handling all necessary paperwork, including forms that must be brought with insurance carriers
When working with our legal team at AutoAccident.com, remember that we work on a contingent fee basis. This means that we will not charge for services provided unless we secure a favorable outcome in your case. Learn more about us and how we can help your family by watching this video.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Stockton
I’m Ed Smith, a Stockton personal injury lawyer. Car wrecks are stressful and overwhelming, to say the least. When a crash results in traumatic injuries or a loss of a close relative, an injured party or a family of a decedent may take legal action against the at-fault party. If you lost a loved one in a recent auto accident and believe that the loss was due to the negligence of another party or entity, contact our legal team today to schedule a free consultation with one of our wrongful death lawyers. Dial (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 to receive compassionate, free, and friendly case advice from one of our skilled and experienced attorneys.
We are proud members of these legal groups:
Go to the links below to learn more about us and how our injury attorneys have assisted past clients with their accident cases:
If your family decides to choose our Stockton wrongful death attorneys to handle your case, you can depend on us to use the full extent of our experience, knowledge, and resources to seek the maximum compensation you need and deserve. See our selection of past case outcomes on our Settlements and Verdicts page.
Photograph Source: Pixabay – “Stock Snap”
:ds [cs 653] jw