Fatal Car Accident on Pershing Avenue
The Stockton Police Department reported that at least one person suffered fatal injuries and several other parties were injured after a car accident on Pershing Avenue on September 4, 2022. The traffic collision took place at approximately 10:00 a.m. near Venetian Drive, according to Stockton PD.
Details on the Fatal Car Accident on Pershing Avenue in Stockton
Authorities reported that several parties were transported to an area hospital to treat unspecified injuries. Sadly, at least one person succumbed to their injuries.
The decedent has not yet been named due to pending family notification. However, officials said that the deceased was the driver of one of the cars. Additional information on the incident was not immediately available due to investigators continuing to look into the fatal car crash.
What Types of Losses are Recoverable in a Car Accident Case?
After you have been injured in a motor vehicle collision caused by a negligent party or entity, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your losses and injuries. This may include reimbursement for economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Medical expenses for all reasonable and necessary treatment associated with accident-related injuries
- Lost wages for time missed at work and loss of future earning potential if injuries from the crash have caused a permanent decrease in income
- Pain and suffering for the emotional distress and physical pain brought on by injuries from the collision
- Diminished quality of life due to injuries that interfere with participating in activities you once enjoyed or daily living, disfigurement, scarring, and more
What Types of Losses Can Surviving Family Members Recover in a Wrongful Death Claim?
If you have lost a loved one in a car accident that was the result of negligence, you may have grounds for a wrongful death claim. If you meet the filing criterion set forth in the California Code of Civil Procedure Section 377.60, you may be eligible for recovery of financial and intangible losses, like:
- Expenses for funeral and burial services
- Costs of medical care for final accident-related injuries
- Mental anguish from the unexpected loss of a loved one
- Loss of protection, care, and companionship that the decedent provided to the family
- Lost financial contributions to the family, including earnings, inheritance, benefits, and more
Our personal injury and wrongful death lawyers are always available to speak with you and go over the details of your case in a free consultation. Our law firm puts a priority on service and communication. For more details about how we can help you with your case, watch this video or set up a free case evaluation today.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Stockton
I’m Ed Smith, a Stockton personal injury lawyer. Getting injured or losing a loved one in a car wreck is painful and overwhelming, especially when difficult insurers are involved in the recovery process. At our law firm, there is no risk of getting the assistance you need with your personal injury case. We operate on a contingent fee basis meaning there are no upfront costs to you. Our legal team only gets paid if we obtain a favorable resolution on your behalf. Contact us today to learn more and get started with free, friendly case advice at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400.
Learn more about our law firm by visiting these links for our client ratings and history of case resolutions by our injury attorneys:
At AutoAccident.com, we go above and beyond for our clients. Our car accident lawyers provide those we represent with a high level of excellence in addition to seeking maximum compensation for their losses. The Top 1 Percent and Million Dollar Forum are two of many legal organizations that have invited us to join as California members in recognition of these qualities.
Photograph Source: Pixabay | Stock Snap
:ds llo [cs 653]