Peabody Road Intersection Site of Motor Vehicle Crash with Motorcyclist
A motorcyclist suffered injuries on September 17 in Fairfield after being involved in an intersection crash with a motor vehicle. The accident happened at the Peabody Road intersection with Airbase Parkways around 5:30 a.m. Officers with the Fairfield Police Department reported that the accident involved a sports utility vehicle.
Injured Motorcyclist Taken to Hospital Following Intersection Crash
The injured motorcycle rider was transported to a hospital; fortunately, their accident is considered survivable. All lanes on Peabody Drive at the intersection were shut down as an investigation was conducted into the cause of the crash. Although the roadway was opened at about 10:15 a.m., motorists were urged to be cautious due to debris and glass in the intersection.
Motorcycles Involved in an Intersection Crash
Motorcyclists are vulnerable to injuries just as bicycle riders and pedestrians are. Often, an intersection crash is where riders suffer harm from a negligent motorist. Some of the reasons are as follows:
- A driver runs a red light or stop sign and strikes a motorcycle rider in an intersection accident.
- A motorist turns in front of an oncoming motorcycle.
- Speeding causes the driver to be unable to stop on time to avoid an intersection crash with a motorcycle rider. Because of speeding, the vehicle requires a longer stopping distance and can cause a motorist to lose control.
- The driver is intoxicated and unable to control their vehicle. An impaired driver has difficulty judging distances from other vehicles, their reflexes are slow and they have problems maintaining their lane, all of which make them a danger on the roadway.
- Making an illegal U-turn can cause an intersection collision because others do not expect it to happen.
- Driving fatigue can lead to a motorcycle crash, especially a rear-end collision.
- Distracted driving occurs when a motorist is changing their radio station, texting or performing other activities that take their focus off the roadway and surrounding traffic.
- Neglected roadway maintenance can lead to an intersection crash. Potholes, overhanging branches that obscure signs and upheavals in the pavement can easily cause an intersection accident involving a motorcycle rider. The government entity in charge of maintenance may be held liable in these cases. However, because there is a six-month statute of limitations to file, using an accident attorney to deal with it and negotiate your settlement can be a good idea.
- Defective motorcycle parts can be a cause of a collision with another vehicle. It is possible for motorcycle parts with defects to lead to serious injuries such as faulty steering, brakes or accelerator. In cases such as these, a lawyer can file a product liability claim on the injured party’s behalf against the manufacturer and others in the production line.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Fairfield
My name is Ed Smith, and I am a personal injury attorney in Fairfield. Anyone who is injured in an accident caused by another person’s negligence has the right to place a claim for damages, which can pay for their medical costs and other losses. Reach out to us at (707) 564-1900 or at (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice on whether you can file a claim. We can also be reached online.
You can discover how our injury lawyers helped those who were injured by negligence at the links that follow:
We are proud members of the Million Dollar Advocates and the Top 1 Percent, which shows how our hard-working accident attorneys have assisted others.
Photo attribution: Image by Albrecht Fietz from Pixabay
:cd llo