A local Consumnes Oaks high school teacher has been arrested on charges alleging sexual assault against a student.
Charges of Sexual Assault
High school social science teacher Monte Antonio Reed was taken into custody by police last Thursday in Long Beach CA. He was arrested on several charges, including five felony counts for sexual assault on a minor. Reed has been brought back to Sacramento and was arraigned at the Sacramento Superior Court yesterday. He is scheduled to appear in court in early November.
Reed, who had been under investigation since April after law enforcement was notified by the Elk Grove Unified School District, allegedly had sex with a 15-year-old female student on several occasions and is suspected of molesting two other 15-year-old female students. Reed has been charged with five felony counts and two misdemeanor charges.
Multiple Arrests in the School District
Since last year, the Elk Grove Unified School District has faced six separate educator arrests for inappropriate or sexual acts against students. All the noted school employees passed a department of justice background check before hiring.
- John Richard Young, formerly of Sheldon High School, arrested for committing a sexual act with a student on campus. Sentencing has been set for Oct. 16 2017.
- Christopher Aurelio Navarrete, formerly of Marion Mix Elementary School, arrested on suspicion of lewd and lascivious acts with a child. Hearing scheduled for Oct. 11, 2017.
- Eric Ernest Echols, formerly of Prairie Elementary School, arrested on suspicion of child molestation. Currently being held at the county jail.
- Christopher C. Kinney, formerly of Prairie Elementary School, arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to produce child pornography. The case is being heard in San Francisco’s Federal Court.
- Rudolph Robert Buehler, formerly of Florin High School, arrested for sexual battery of a student. Sentenced to three years of informal probation.
- John Misplay, formerly of Sheldon High School, arrested for engaging in inappropriate communications with two students. Sentenced to 120 days in jail and five years of probation for statutory rape.
Resources for Survivors of Sexual Assault
Rape and sexual assault are heinous crimes and should be punished. If you have been abused in a sexual assault, seek medical attention as soon as possible. Medical professionals have the training to treat your injuries and collect evidence if you decide to report the crime. Survivors are sometimes initially unwilling to report sexual assaults for many of reasons including shame, guilt, or fear of reprisals. In California there are no laws preventing a person form reporting an attack, and no time limit to report. Survivors of sexual assault can wait and use evidence collected by their doctors to report the crime to authorities after they have recovered. Law enforcement personnel, trained medical professionals, and an experienced lawyer can help survivors get the care and justice they deserve.
Related Articles by Elk Grove Sexual Assault Lawyer Ed Smith ~
Elk Grove Sexual Assault Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an Elk Grove Sexual Assault Lawyer. If you or someone you love has been sexually assaulted and need an attorney, please call me for confidential advice with no obligation. I can be reached at (916) 694-0002 or (800) 404-5400 and online free, friendly advice.
I am honored to be a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum in California. This association is comprised of trial lawyers who have won million-dollar settlements and verdicts for their clients.
My past verdicts and settlements are available here.