Elk Grove Catastrophic Injuries
Elk Grove Catastrophic Injuries – When Elk Grove catastrophic injuries occur, it means that the affected individual was injured in such a way that he or she may not be able to go back to the life they had before. Because of an accident, they may be unable to work, be permanently disabled or their injuries may involve long-term recuperation. The financial implications of a catastrophic injury can be enormous and a burden too large for the family to bear. When that injury was caused by negligence or an intentional act, recovering financial compensation is one way of resolving the monetary downfall associated with the accident.
How Can Elk Grove Catastrophic Injuries Happen?
Although a catastrophic injury can happen in many ways, the most common are as follows:
- Collisions with another motor vehicle or truck can cause severe injuries in all types of car accidents. While any car collision can cause an injury, Elk Grove catastrophic injuries are most likely seen in rollovers or as a result of wrong-way drivers.
- Accidents while playing sports such as football or baseball can cause traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord damage, and other serious harm.
- Injuries at work can be caused by falls, improper safety precautions and getting hurt by a large piece of machinery such as on a construction site.
- Motorcycle crashes, because of a rider’s lack of protection, often cause catastrophic injuries.
- Bicycle accident injuries can be severe since cyclists are unprotected by a steel barrier as motor vehicles are.
- Boating accidents can be caused when one boat strikes another. Rentals owned by another person or entity can be involved in injuries when maintenance is lacking, or protective vests aren’t available, and a boat sinks.
- Train collisions can be caused by defective tracks or an engineer who is impaired or deficient in his or her duties.
- Product defects can occur in any business such as furniture, automotive and those involving medical devices. These are usually due to faulty design or manufacture.
- Amusement parks: Rides in amusement parks depend on constant maintenance and review of safety precautions. When the owner of a park fails to adhere to his or her responsibility, Elk Grove catastrophic injuries can occur.
- Slips and falls occur in grocery stores, other businesses, homes and in public buildings. If a slip and fall is due to negligent attention to the duty of keeping the customer or visitor safe, a serious injury can result.
Types of Elk Grove Catastrophic Injuries
The nature of the injury varies according to the intensity of the accident. A few examples are:
- Fractures: Not all fractures are simple to set, mending the bone. Compound fractures may require the use of pins to hold the bones together. Fractures of the femur are painful and occur most often in those older than 65, frequently due to weakened bones consistent with osteoarthritis or cancer metastasis. Younger individuals, usually male, also suffer femur fractures after a traumatic injury such as a motorcycle crash. This long thigh bone takes up to six months to heal and can cause a variety of symptoms such as bleeding into the tissues and low blood pressure in addition to severe pain. Surgery and the implantation of a metal rod in the bone are used to treat such injury. Pelvic fractures, common with older individuals, also usually require surgery or hip repair.
- Back injury: This includes slipped discs or vertebral damage. Although rest can repair some back injuries, surgery may be required for more severe ones.
- Shoulder injury: When an individual falls, they naturally extend their arms to catch themselves. This can result in a shoulder dislocation or a brachial plexus injury, along with persistent problems in using the arm and hand despite treatment.
- Facial and dental trauma: Falling can result in trauma to the teeth, jaw, and face. Depending on the type of injury, extensive corrective measures may be required to restore form and function.
- Traumatic brain injury: Again, the intensity of the injury results in a variety of problems. A concussion is a less intense injury but may take up to six months to resolve. Other injuries, such as a subdural hematoma, require surgery in the majority of cases.
- Abrasions and lacerations: These are the least intense injuries an individual can suffer. Nonetheless, sutures may be required, and vaccination against tetanus may be needed if the wound is serious or the surface dirty.
Elk Grove Personal Injury Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, an Elk Grove personal injury lawyer. Individuals injured in any type of Elk Grove catastrophic injury need the services of an experienced injury lawyer to secure the compensation they deserve. Reach out to me at (916) 694-0002 in the city and surrounding area and long-distance at (800) 404-5400. You can also reach me online.
I am a California member of the Million Dollar Advocates. We are a group of trial lawyers who have won more than $1 million for a client.
When you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury, you need an attorney. It is important to learn about them and their practice before retaining them. You can review comments by former clients and my peers, and see how I resolved prior cases on the following pages:
Photo Attribution: https://www.pexels.com/photo/ambulance-architecture-building-business-263402/
:cd llo [cs 897] cv