Injury Reported in Fair Oaks Boulevard Two-Vehicle Crash
A two-vehicle crash in Arden-Arcade sent one person to the hospital. The accident happened at the intersection of Fair Oaks Boulevard and Wilhaggen Drive on March 28 around 6:18 p.m. and involved a Toyota Tundra and a Hyundai. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the collision blocked the westbound lane just east of Wilhaggen.
Two-Vehicle Crash May Have Involved Rear-End Collision
It was also noted that the Hyundai had sustained major front-end damage in the crash. Sac Fire first responders transported one person to the hospital afterward. An investigation is being conducted by the CHP to determine fault in the crash.
Rear-End Collision Causes
Rear-end collisions are among the most common type of two-vehicle crashes, making up roughly 25 percent of all road accidents. A rear-end collision happens when one car strikes the back end of another car and can result in serious injuries. Common causes of rear-end collisions include:
- Distracted driving – When a driver is not paying attention to the road due to texting, eating or any other form of distraction, it can cause a two-vehicle crash.
- Speeding – When drivers travel at speeds that are too fast for the conditions, they may not be able to stop quickly enough when approaching another vehicle.
- Unfavorable weather conditions – Rain, snow, and icy roads can reduce traction and make it difficult to stop on time, causing a two-vehicle crash.
- Tailgating – Drivers who follow too closely may not have enough time to react if the vehicle in front of them stops suddenly.
- Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol – Impairment reduces reaction times and increases the likelihood of a rear-end collision in a two-vehicle crash because the driver cannot judge their distance from the car in front of them.
- Mechanical problems – Brake failure, tire blowouts and other mechanical issues can reduce a vehicle’s ability to stop quickly. When a mechanical problem causes a two-vehicle crash, the injured party may place an auto product liability claim to recover compensation. However, retaining the vehicle so it can be checked is vital.
- Poor visibility – Low light conditions such as fog or heavy rain can make it difficult to see the vehicles ahead of you, increasing the chance of a collision.
- Intentional ramming – In some cases, a driver may intentionally collide with the car in front of them if they have road rage or are an aggressive motorist.
Compensation Recovery After a Two-Vehicle Crash
If you or someone you know has been involved in a rear-end collision, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible and contact a qualified attorney. An experienced lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and other damages. In addition to protecting your rights, the lawyer can represent you with the at-fault party’s insurance company to obtain the maximum damages possible.
Arden-Arcade Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an Arden-Arcade personal injury lawyer. Being injured by a negligent driver can leave you with mounting medical bills and other losses. However, you may be able to place a personal injury claim to recoup your expenses and reimburse you for your pain and suffering. If you would like free, friendly advice, give us a call at (916) 921-6400. You can also call (800) 404-5400 to contact us at our toll-free number from long distance. Additionally, we are available online.
View some of our injury lawyer‘s recent cases below to see how we helped others get compensation:
Here are some of the groups our accident attorneys are most proud to be a part of:
:cd llo