Dump Truck Jumps Curb on Fruitridge Road and Seriously Injures Woman
A woman was recently in the Bel Air Grocery Store parking lot in Sacramento when she was struck by a dump truck that fled the scene. The accident occurred around 1:00 p.m. on Fruitridge Road. The truck’s owner is still being sought, according to the Sacramento Police Department.
Surveillance Camera Captures Dump Truck Accident
A surveillance video of the accident showed that the dump truck jumped the sidewalk and struck at least eight vehicles and the woman. The injured woman, Heather Martinez, has been hospitalized in ICU for a month with severe damage to her internal organs. Although detectives have been searching for the truck, their clues have been exhausted. Anyone with helpful information about the accident is asked to contact the Sacramento Police Department by calling (916) 808-5471.
Liability in an Intentional Accident or One Caused by Negligence
When a driver commits an intentional act or is negligent and causes injuries, those who have suffered trauma may place a claim to recover compensation. They are entitled to all their medical expenses due to the collision, wages they lost because they could not work, and compensation for their pain and suffering. However, the driver must be located to hold them liable for their irresponsible or intentional act.
Successfully Locating a Hit-and-Run Driver
Locating a hit-and-run driver requires an intense investigation to pursue all avenues. We have been successful in many instances over the many years of our legal practice. We do this by diligently performing an investigation to uncover the evidence to locate the motorist, which includes:
- Our investigators immediately went to the scene of the dump truck accident to collect evidence related to the accident, such as metal pieces that were knocked off or paint chips.
- Forensic accident reconstruction is undertaken, showing the truck’s positioning and how the collision progressed.
- A review is made of the police report to determine its accuracy because errors can adversely affect a client’s ability to recover compensation.
- Traffic and other area surveillance cameras are examined to see if the truck accident was caught on video. In the above case, it was and can provide valuable clues.
- Witnesses to an accident often provide valuable information that can lead to identifying the vehicle and driver. These days, people often use their cell phones to take videos of things such as accidents.
How a Lawyer Can Help You Obtain Compensation
If you have suffered injuries in an accident that wasn’t your fault, hiring an experienced lawyer to help you obtain fair compensation is essential. A knowledgeable attorney will be able to review your case and determine exactly what kind of compensation you may be entitled to. They can also assist with filing the necessary paperwork and negotiating with insurance companies to get you the best possible settlement.
In the video below, attorney Ed Smith explains why trucking accidents are different from others:
Truck Accident Injury Lawyer in Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, a truck accident injury lawyer in Sacramento. Getting justice for your accident is essential. It not only gives you peace of mind of knowing the at-fault party is being held responsible but helps you avoid the financial problems that often accompany hospitalization and the inability to work. If you would like a free and friendly review of your case and to find out options for recovering compensation, call our accident attorneys at (916) 921-6400. Long-distance callers can use our toll-free line at (800) 404-5400. Your third option is to contact us online.
Information about a law firm is valuable when seeking advice or representation. We welcome you to review how our injury lawyers aided others at Settlements and Verdicts and reviews on Google and Yelp. In addition, we are proud members of Million Dollar Advocates and Top 1 Percent.
Photo attribution: Image by F. Muhammad from Pixabay
:cd llo [cs 687]