Driver Fled Following Elk Grove Accident
Driver Fled Following Elk Grove Accident. An Elk Grove traffic accident that occurred recently between two vehicles caused one of the cars to go off the south side of Twin Cities Road. Injuries were reported in the crash, and emergency medical personnel were called. According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), one of the parties involved in the accident fled into a vineyard before the unit arrived. The nature of the person’s injuries has not been revealed by authorities. It is unknown at this time whether that person was apprehended by the police or the reason the individual ran away.
What Happened in The Elk Grove Traffic Accident
The collision happened shortly before 4:30 in the afternoon just west of Dierssen Road between a gray sedan and red Mazda SUV. One of the drivers was able to exit his or her vehicle and did not appear to be injured. The gray car went down an embankment and was visible from the road, while the Mazda was left blocking the eastbound lane of traffic. A tow truck was called to remove at least one of the vehicles.
Like the Elk Grove traffic accident, collisions that involve two vehicles occur commonly and are mostly due to driver error. While many of these types of car accidents are minor, others can cause serious injuries, particularly those that occur at higher speeds. Among the many reasons for two-vehicle collisions, the following are common:
- Drunk driving: Drunk drivers are a problem nationwide, and California is no exception. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, statistics compiled in 2015 listed Sacramento County as seventh out of 15 similarly sized cities in the number of drunk drivers who contributed to motor vehicle accidents.
- Distracted driving: Even though California only allows hands-off cell phone use in motor vehicles, many people still talk or text while driving. Even hands-free phones are a danger, so it is better to turn them off while on the road.
- Speeding: The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration reports that more than 10,000 people died in accidents in 2016 that were caused by speeding.
- Red lights: Running a red light or stop sign are common reasons for traffic accidents and are one form of aggressive driving. Obeying traffic laws is a major way to prevent collisions.
- Tailgating: Driving too closely behind another vehicle is a common cause of accidents between two vehicles. This is because if the car in front slows suddenly or stops, the other driver does not have the time to react or the necessary stopping distance to avoid a collision.
Compensation for a Car Accident Injury
Once a fault has been established, the injured person can claim the following expenses:
- Medical expenses: Hospitalization, physicians and specialists, prescription medications, medical tests and other costs are reimbursed in a personal injury case. Out-of-pocket expenses are also included such as the cost for traveling to and from a physician visit.
- Time lost at work: The wages an individual would have earned, including bonuses and any other monies, can be claimed.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation in this area is calculated by a jury. It includes not only compensation for the physical pain but for the emotional and mental distress suffered by the person because of the accident.
- Future expenses: Those who suffer an ongoing medical condition such as a traumatic brain injury or spinal cord damage will have future costs that may continue for a long time. This amount can be calculated and added to other losses.
Elk Grove Car Accident Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, an Elk Grove car accident lawyer. Although some two-vehicle accidents are caused by outside forces such as a road defect, most happen due to negligence. If you or a loved one suffered injuries due to a negligent driver, an experienced car accident lawyer can help you obtain fair compensation to pay medical bills, time away from work and other expenses. I can offer you free and friendly advice if you call me at (916) 694-0002 in the Elk Grove area or (800) 404-5400 for long-distance callers.
I belong to milliondollaradvocates.com, a forum established for trial attorneys who have won a verdict or settlement for a client in excess of $1 million.
Learn more about some of our prior cases and what former clients have had to say at the following links:
Driver Fled Following Elk Grove Accident: AutoAccident.com
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/road-asphalt-mark-landscape-away-3341140/Driver Fled Following Elk Grove Accident
:cd cha [cs 774] cv