Driver Dead After Single Vehicle Collision in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. An August 7 single-vehicle collision cost the life of one man when his vehicle veered off Roseville Road. The man, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) was going to work at the time of the collision. Although the accident is under investigation and reports of the reason it happened are conflicting, why the man’s vehicle went off the road is unknown at this time. I would like to offer my condolences to the family and friends of the decedent in their time of profound sorrow.
The collision happened shortly before 9:00 in the morning close to McClellan Park as the vehicle headed west on Roseville Road. This is when the driver veered off the road and collided with a fence near the railroad tracks. Although the name of the deceased has not yet been released, he was identified as someone in his 30s.
Collisions Involving Only One Vehicle
In 2016, there were 3,623 accidents that resulted in fatalities in California. Of those, 57 percent involved only one vehicle, with a total of 2,063 fatalities. Driver error is a common cause of such accidents and can include:
- Driver fatigue plays a part in some accidents when a driver starts daydreaming or even falls asleep behind the wheel.
- Drunk or drugged driving contributes to a high number of fatalities in all types of car accidents.
- Speeding contributes to the number of collisions and to the severity or injuries or fatalities because the driver cannot maintain control of the vehicle.
- Distracted driving means a driver is taking his or her eyes off the road. This includes texting or talking on a cell phone, drinking or eating or other factors.
Outside Factors That Can Cause a Single Vehicle Accident
Some auto accidents are caused by outside influences. When factors other than driver error cause a single vehicle collision, the injured person or family of the decedent may be able to obtain fair compensation for the loss.
- Road defects: Design and maintenance of roads comes under the jurisdiction of a government entity such as the county or state. Design errors can contribute to motor vehicle accidents when curves are too sharp, signage is missing or obscured, shoulders are nonexistent and for other reasons. Poor maintenance can also cause collisions when a vehicle hits a pothole or heaved piece of pavement, guardrails are damaged and signs overgrown by tree limbs.
- Vehicle defects: Recalls of vehicles are common and can contribute to collisions, resulting in serious injuries or fatalities. Defective brakes, steering wheels and accelerators can affect a driver’s ability to control a vehicle. When this happens, the injured person or family that has lost a loved one can claim compensation due to auto defects.
- Aggressive drivers and road rage incidents: Those who do not respect another driver’s right of way or try to intentionally cause an incident can end up injuring others. Some examples of aggressive driving or road rage include speeding, forcing another vehicle off the road, following too closely or slamming on the brakes intentionally.
Car Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a car accident lawyer in Sacramento. Being injured in an accident that was caused by someone else or losing a loved one is an experience no one should have to face alone. If this happened to you or your loved one died because of negligence, I can offer free and friendly legal advice about your options. Please contact me at (916) 921-6400 in the Sacramento area. I can also be reached at (800) 404-5400. Additionally, I offer a contact form on my website, AutoAccident.com, for your convenience.
Learning about a law practice is important before choosing an injury lawyer to represent you. At the following links you will find reviews by former clients:
Please visit the following page to find out about some of our previous cases and how they were resolved:
As a California member of the Million Dollar Forum, I belong to a select group of top trial lawyers who have demonstrated a client settlement or verdict in excess of one million dollars.
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/car-accident-crash-crashed-smash-85320/
Source of Driver Dead After Single Vehicle Collision in Sacramento – AutoAccident.com
:cd [cs 718] cv