Accident on Nyack Road Off-Ramp Causes Three Injuries
Three people were injured in an accident at Emigrant Gap on June 17, which was reportedly caused by another driver. The collision occurred along eastbound I-80 at the Nyack Road off-ramp east of Nevada City at around 4:20 p.m. It was reported by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) that a black sedan ran off the roadway and crashed into a semi that was parked.
Accident Caused by Suspected Reckless Driver
An individual who reported the accident said the driver of the sedan was allegedly acting recklessly before the crash and was driving in the center divider. Three parties were injured in the collision. The sedan sustained major front-end damage. No information was provided on whether the driver was inside the semi when it was struck by the passenger vehicle. The CHP is investigating to determine what caused the crash.
Suffering an Accident Injury
When you or a loved one is injured in an accident, it suddenly turns your life upside-down. Plans change, you probably can’t go to work, and the bills start piling up for your mortgage, rent, groceries, utilities, and other expenses. You are probably hospitalized if you suffer a major injury, and unless you have really good health insurance, the medical expenses mount quickly. This is where an injury lawyer can help you.
When someone is injured due to another person’s negligence, they can file a claim to recover compensation for their medical expenses and other losses. That includes all your lost wages, even if you are self-employed, and compensation for your pain and suffering. By claiming compensation, you cannot only recover those losses, but it gives you the peace of knowing you can concentrate on healing without the added financial stress.
What Is Considered a Reckless Driver in California?
California Vehicle Code Section 23103 states that a motorist who has a wanton or willful disregard for others in his/her actions is a reckless driver. A number of different behaviors can be regarded as reckless driving, such as ignoring traffic laws. Some of the common types of actions performed by a reckless driver include:
- Speeding above the limit or too fast in inclement weather is reckless behavior.
- Tailgating is reckless because the driver may not be able to stop to avoid an accident.
- Failure to yield is a type of reckless driving, especially if the other driver has the right of way.
- Running a stop sign or red light is reckless behavior because the driver can strike a vehicle that is legally in the intersection as well as a bicyclist or pedestrian.
- Drunk or drugged driving endangers others sharing the roadway.
- Passing on the right endangers pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Not using your turn signals is a form of reckless driving because other motorists may get a false impression of what you are doing.
- Turning illegally, such as making a right on red where it isn’t allowed, can result in a serious accident.
When you’ve suffered an injury caused by a driver who was negligent, you have the right to recover compensation. Our injury lawyers at AutoAccident.com have successfully helped many people do just that. Give us a call to see how we can help you.
Nevada City Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Nevada City personal injury lawyer. Reckless driving can easily cause a serious accident resulting in injuries. If a negligent driver injured you, you may want to find out whether you can file a claim to recover compensation. Contact us at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 if you would like our free and friendly advice. You can also connect with us online if you prefer.
You are invited to find out how our injury lawyers have worked hard to obtain compensation for our clients on the following pages:
:cd llo