Dangerous Femur Fracture
One of the most severe bone fractures that somebody can sustain is a broken femur. A femur fracture can lead to complications, some of which might be deadly. Some of the causes of femur fractures include:
- Suffering a broken femur in an auto accident.
- A serious motorcycle collision that could occur in busy traffic or due to bad weather.
- A pedestrian who was struck at the level of the thigh by a motor vehicle while crossing the street.
- A fall from a great height such as tumbling from a roof.
The Development of Blood Clots
One of the biggest dangers of femur fractures is developing blood clots in the body. When the femurs fracture, the bone marrow becomes exposed. The contents of the bone marrow can act as blood clots throughout the body. Dangerous blood clots can occur in:
- The brain called a stroke
- The heart turned into a heart attack
- The lungs called a pulmonary embolism
Any of these complications have the potential to lead to death.
Watch YouTube Video: Blood Clots: How to Prevent Them from Happening to You. This video explains how blood clot develops and what you can do to prevent them from happening to you.
Serious Infections can Occur
Infections are also a major risk following a femur fracture. Some of the ways that a serious infection could develop include:
- Bacteria and viruses that enter the skin through an open wound.
- The development of an infection following a surgical procedure.
- An infection that could have been contracted by another individual in the emergency room or on the hospital floor.
Some of the signs and symptoms of an infection include:
- Redness of the leg
- A rising heart rate
- An elevated white blood cell count
Infections need to be treated quickly with antibiotics.
The Dangers of Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
People with chronic conditions could develop complications of these medical problems after suffering a femur fracture. When individuals sustain a femur fracture, the body is subjected to a significant amount of stress. Some of the conditions that could be made worse following a femur fracture include:
- Diabetes that could lead to high blood sugar
- High blood pressure, which can lead to heart, lung, and brain damage
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which can lead to respiratory failure
When individuals suffer a serious femur fracture, many health conditions can become worse.
Contacting a Femur Fracture Lawyer
Following a severe injury, such as a deadly femur fracture, families are under a significant amount of stress. Nobody should have to shoulder this stress alone. A femur fracture lawyer in Sacramento has the tools necessary to assist families in the recovery. An experienced attorney can:
- Help families review the records from the accident.
- Seek damages related to the accident and its injuries.
- Ensure families are set up for a successful recovery.
Every family deserves help during a difficult time. Set up a meeting with a Sacramento femur fracture lawyer. Your family could be deserving of a significant financial award.
Femur Fracture Lawyers in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento femur fracture lawyer. Femur fractures can lead to complications which can be deadly. If you or a member of your family has developed complications of a femur fracture that occurred in a motor vehicle accident, please reach out to me at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly legal advice.
See our past verdicts or settlements.
Photo by Piron Guillaume on Unsplash
:dr 0p cha [cs 600]