Crash on Mission Boulevard in Fremont
A Fremont PD officer was involved in a multi-vehicle crash on Mission Boulevard on the morning of Monday, August 16, 2022. The incident took place in the area of Warm Springs Boulevard and Mission Boulevard, according to officials.
Details on the Crash on Mission Boulevard in Fremont
A preliminary report revealed that police officers entered the intersection, and one of the patrol vehicles allegedly crashed into multiple cars. Authorities indicated that the patrol vehicles had their sirens and lights on at the time of the incident. Additional information on the multi-vehicle crash on Mission Bouvard in Fremont was not immediately available.
What Should You Do After Getting Injured in a Car Accident?
There are specific steps that must be taken to protect your rights and best interests after getting injured in a traffic collision. These include:
- Seek Medical Attention: After being involved in a multi-vehicle collision, it is essential to get evaluated by a physician who can determine the full extent of your injuries and determine an appropriate treatment plan for your needs.
- Gather All Relevant Evidence: Collect contact information for any eyewitnesses to the car wreck, take photos of the incident scene, and other evidence that is associated with the motor vehicle collision if possible.
- Request a Copy of the Police Report: If local law enforcement was requested at the scene, be sure to ask for a traffic incident report to be taken. Police reports may take one to two weeks to be processed. However, it may take longer depending on the circumstances of the incident.
- Report the Incident to Your Insurer: It is essential to contact your insurance company to report the car accident, generally within 48 hours of the incident. Failure to report the crash in a timely manner may result in the insurer denying the coverage that may be available in your case, including uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage.
- Do Not Sign Documents: If the claims adjuster reaches out to you to request a recorded statement or signatures for documents, politely decline until you have contacted a Fremont personal injury attorney.
As you can see, getting into a motor vehicle collision may be a stressful and overwhelming situation, particularly when traumatic injuries are involved. That is why it is essential to work with an experienced Fremont car accident lawyer, such as those from AutoAccident.com. Learn about our legal team and how we can help by watching this video.
Is There a Deadline on Personal Injury Claims?
Personal injury cases are generally subject to two-year deadlines in California. This means that a lawsuit must be filed in civil court within the two-year statute of limitations. Bear in mind that exceptions may apply. For instance, the deadline may be reduced to six months if a case names a public agency as a defendant, such as a police department. Contact an experienced injury attorney today for more details.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Fremont
I’m Ed Smith, a Fremont personal injury lawyer. A car accident can be stressful, especially when injuries are involved. Contact our law firm today to schedule a meeting with one of our accident attorneys at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400. We are available anytime to discuss your case, explain your rights, and explore your potential options for financial recovery.
If you are interested in reading our past client reviews, visit these links:
Our law firm has assisted injured parties and their families in San Joaquin County and throughout California since 1982. We are here to assist you and seek maximum compensation on your behalf. Learn more about us and our history of past case resolutions by visiting our Settlements and Verdicts page.
Image Credit: “ElasticComputeFarm” on Pixabay
:ds llo [cs 653]