Major Injury Reported in Multiple-Vehicle Crash on South Avenue
A multiple-vehicle crash in Corning on March 23 caused a significant injury to at least one person. The collision happened at the intersection of South and Mary avenues around 7:45 a.m., involving a Mitsubishi Eclipse and Chevy pickup, as well as a third vehicle. California Highway Patrol (CHP) officers and those with the Corning Police Department arrived to discover all the lanes were blocked.
One Person Transported to Hospital Following Multiple-Vehicle Crash
A tow was called for the Mitsubishi, which had exited about 10 feet off the roadway and exhibited major front-end damage. The injured party was transported to a hospital for additional treatment. Police announced that the roadway was clear at about 8:50 a.m. Authorities are investigating to find out how the crash occurred.
Causes of a Multiple-Vehicle Crash at an Intersection
A multiple-vehicle accident at an intersection can be caused by several factors, including:
- Running a red light or stop sign: One of the most common causes of intersection accidents is drivers who run red lights or stop signs. This can lead to collisions with other vehicles in the intersection.
- Speeding: Drivers who are speeding may not have enough time to stop at an intersection, leading to collisions with other vehicles.
- Distracted driving: Drivers distracted by their phones, GPS devices or other distractions may not notice that they have entered an intersection, leading to collisions with other vehicles.
- Impaired driving: Drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol may have impaired judgment and reaction time, increasing the risk of an intersection collision.
- Mechanical failure: A mechanical failure such as a brake or steering malfunction can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle and collide with other vehicles in the intersection. Keeping the vehicle is important, so it can be examined for defects. If one is found that caused the accident, an auto product liability claim may be placed.
- Roadway design or maintenance issues: Poor roadway design or maintenance issues, such as inadequate signage or poor visibility, can contribute to intersection collisions. Because the injured party has only six months to file a government claim, obtaining the assistance of an injury lawyer can be a good idea.
Multiple-vehicle crashes at intersections can be complex, and determining fault can be challenging. If you have been involved in an intersection collision, speaking with an experienced personal injury attorney can help you understand your rights and options.
Recoverable Damages in a Personal Injury Claim
The award of damages in a personal injury claim is designed to make the injured person whole again, or as close as possible to their pre-accident condition. As such, it is important to document all losses and expenses related to the accident so that they can be considered when calculating the damages award. This includes medical bills, lost wages or income due to time off work, and all out-of-pocket costs. A personal injury lawyer can calculate your losses and handle your claim to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Corning Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Corning personal injury lawyer. You can recover compensation if the negligence of another driver led to your injury. Get free and friendly advice by calling (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400. We also offer an online form for contacting our accident attorneys. With no obligation on your part, we can set up a free consultation to review your case, answer your questions and explain your recovery options.
Here are a few organizations we’re proud to belong to:
With years of experience, our personal injury lawyers have helped countless people obtain the compensation they deserve. Our success in helping others can be seen in the following links:
Photo attribution: Image by arodsje from Pixabay
:cd llo