Carmichael Intersection Crash
A Carmichael intersection crash resulted in injuries on March 7, when a Toyota Prius and a Nissan collided. The accident happened at Manzanita Avenue and Coyle Avenue at about 3:00 in the afternoon and blocked the left turn lane to Palm Avenue westbound. The Prius was blocking the turn lane, while the other vehicle ended up on someone’s lawn. According to a representative of the California Highway Patrol (CHP), drunk or drugged driving may have contributed to the accident, and a phlebotomist was notified to take a blood sample to confirm this.
Additional Details of the Accident
Although injuries were reported in the Carmichael intersection crash and an ambulance summoned to the scene, the extent of those injuries are unknown at this time. Police are investigating the crash to determine what happened and to assign fault. It was unreported whether any arrests were made.
Intersection Accidents and Rules of the Road
Intersections are dangerous in part because motorists are often confused about who has the right of way. There are rules, and by following them, intersections can be safer. Let’s look at who has the right of way and what a motorist needs to do when traffic lights are not working.
Rules to Avoid a Carmichael Intersection Crash
The following are rules that every motorist must obey at intersections:
- Intersections without a stop sign or traffic light: A driver must give the right of way to vehicles already in the intersection. When two vehicles arrive at the intersection simultaneously, the vehicle to the right should be given the right of way.
- Intersections with stop signs or traffic lights: Traffic lights make it easy since drivers are simply obligated to obey the signals. Stop signs are the same. However, it is important to remember that not all drivers obey the rules, and it is best to anticipate a problem rather than assume that the other driver will stop as directed.
- T-intersections: Sometimes a street will enter onto the main road. The driver on the side road must always defer to the vehicles already on the main thoroughfare.
- Multiple-lane intersections: Multi-lane intersections provide the greatest challenge. They consist of four or six lanes. The vehicles on the main road have the right of way. Otherwise, general intersection rules apply.
- Highway ramp intersections: Ramps often intersect with highways, and the motorists on the freeway have the right of way.
Traffic Signal Malfunction
Most drivers have faced a situation where traffic lights malfunction. This creates serious confusion, and drivers must approach with caution. The overriding rule is that whoever approaches the intersection first, has the right of way. If multiple vehicles arrive simultaneously, the driver to the right has the right of way. Be vigilant for other drivers who do not obey the rules.
Compensation After a Car Accident
Car accidents such as a Carmichael intersection crash can cause severe injuries and fatalities. A lawyer who is seasoned in handling these types of cases can offer sound advice on whether you have a case and what your options are. The lawyer can work with your insurance company or build a case to take to civil court to recover the personal injury damages you deserve and need.
Carmichael Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Carmichael car accident lawyer. Intersections are the reason for many injuries and deaths each year. When you or a dear one was hurt by a negligent driver, you may be able to get financial compensation. Phone me at (916) 921-6400 from Carmichael, or you can use the toll-free line from outside the area code at (800) 404-5400. Some prefer to use our convenient contact form.
The National Association of Distinguished Counsel recognizes only those lawyers who hold the highest standards in law. I am a member of this group from California. Million Dollar Forum, of which I am also a member, allows only those trial lawyers to join who’ve obtained in excess of one million dollars for a client.
Find out more about my law practice by visiting the following sites:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/taxi-cab-taxicab-taxi-cab-new-york-238478/
:cd llo [cs 715]