Bicyclist Struck in Fair Oaks Boulevard Injury Accident
An injury accident in Carmichael recently involved a bicycle collision with a Jeep. The crash occurred around 9:16 a.m. at the intersection of Fair Oaks Boulevard and Manzanita Avenue. Sac Fire emergency medics were called to the scene, where the rider was found in the bike lane. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) is conducting an investigation into why the accident occurred.
Bicycle Injury Accident Injuries Involving a Negligent Driver
An accident caused by a negligent driver might be eligible for compensation if you suffered an injury because of them. Accidents are often the fault of the driver who caused the collision. Immediately following an accident, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer to determine if a claim can be filed.
Evidence Gathered in the Collision Supports Your Injury Claim
Your injury lawyer uses investigators to gather evidence of the reason the bicycle accident occurred as well as determine fault. The lawyer uses the evidence to prove that the motorist was negligent and is responsible for the damages that resulted. The lawyer can negotiate with insurance companies or the responsible driver for you to have them cover your medical expenses and other losses. An accident attorney can help you understand the legal process and provide protection for your rights as you look for justice.
Recoverable Damages in a Bicycle Accident
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident caused by another’s negligence, understanding the types of recoverable damages can help you get the compensation that is owed to you. Recoverable damages are losses that resulted from the injury and include:
- Medical expenses – All medical costs related to the injury such as hospital stays, surgeries, doctor visits and prescription medication.
- Lost wages – If the injury has caused you to miss work, you may be able to recover lost wages and future earnings if your recovery extends past the amount of the settlement.
- Pain and suffering – Recoverable damages for pain and suffering include physical pain, emotional trauma and mental anguish.
- Loss of enjoyment – If your injury has caused a decrease in lifestyle quality, you can seek compensation for loss of enjoyment of life activities such as hobbies or recreational activities.
- Loss of consortium – This type of recoverable damage is for a spouse or partner who has lost the companionship and support of the injured party due to the accident.
By understanding all types of recoverable damages, you can seek the compensation that you are owed for your bicycle injury accident. An experienced attorney can help to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the most compensation possible. Contact an attorney today to learn more about how to get the recoverable damages you deserve.
Getting Help to File a Claim for Compensation
If you have been involved in a bicycle accident and believe you may have sustained an injury, it is important to contact your doctor or visit an urgent care facility for proper diagnosis and treatment. By doing so, you can proactively protect yourself from any long-term medical issues and safeguard your legal rights as well.
Carmichael Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Carmichael personal injury lawyer. Cycling injuries may be compensable when a driver’s negligence causes them. We can provide you with friendly and free legal advice by calling (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. If you prefer, you can reach out to us online.
For more information about how our injury lawyers have provided compensation to others, click on the following links:
We are members of a number of organizations, including the following:
:cd llo