Car Crash on Westbound SR-4 in Pittsburg
Officers with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) responded to a report of a car crash on westbound SR-4 in Pittsburg on the morning of Monday, December 6, 2021. The incident took place around 6:20 a.m. along the westbound lanes of State Route 4 and the Bailey Road offramp.
Details on the Car Crash on Westbound SR-4 in Pittsburg
Officials responding to the scene located three vehicles that were involved in a traffic collision. These included a Chevrolet Volt, a Toyota Highlander, and a Toyota Avalon. Two of the cars were in the center divider, while the third one was blocking the No. 1 lane of westbound Highway 4. Injuries were reported in the car accident by CHP traffic officers. However, information on the extent of injuries and what caused the crash was not immediately released.
Should I Accept a Settlement from the Insurance Company?
In the days following a motor vehicle collision, the insurance company representing the other driver may reach out to an injured party. The insurance carrier is likely to make an offer for a settlement. Claimants should understand that any initial settlement from the insurer will not account for the full extent of losses stemming from the incident. Before a settlement is accepted, it is crucial for an injured party to be aware of the factors that must be considered in their claim for financial compensation. Fortunately, an experienced accident attorney may help evaluate these factors on behalf of a claimant and work hard to seek a fair settlement or jury award on their behalf. A personal injury lawyer in Pittsburg may help with the following:
- Investigation: An attorney may conduct an independent investigation of the car crash, determine how it occurred and how the incident resulted in traumatic injuries. By taking quick action to gather and preserve key evidence, an injury lawyer may counter any dispute the insurer may attempt to use as a way of downplaying the value of the claim or making the argument that the injuries were unrelated to the incident.
- Medical Records: A lawyer will work to identify all injuries that occurred because of the traffic collision and their respective severities. Legal counsel will also determine the full costs of medical treatment to date and those likely to be incurred in the future.
- Expert Witnesses: An attorney will gain insights from expert witnesses to determine the need for future medical treatment and loss of future earning capacity to address injuries and loss of quality of life.
- Settlement Demand: After a lawyer has determined a figure that is an accurate reflection of past and future medical costs and lost income in addition to non-economic damages, the attorney will submit a demand letter to the insurance company representing the at-fault party. Legal counsel will advise the injured party of any settlement offers received from the insurance carrier and determine whether they are fair and reasonable.
- File in Civil Court: If an insurance company fails to make a reasonable offer for a settlement, an attorney will file the injury case in civil court to protect the statute. The lawyer will prepare the case to present in court.
Accepting any initial settlement from the insurance company following a motor vehicle accident is not the best way to resolve the case, especially if the amount does not consider losses that will reasonably incur in the future. The role of an accident attorney is to help injured parties avoid making such mistakes and to help them get their lives back on track. For information on how to find the best lawyer in your area to handle your case, watch this video.
About Our Legal Team
Getting into a car accident and suffering traumatic injuries may turn your life upside down. Whether it is in the moments following the incident to days, weeks, or even months down the line, the consequences of a crash may take a toll on you and your loved ones. In times like these, you need someone to protect your rights and interests from difficult insurance companies looking to pay as little as possible on your claim. At our law firm, we have decades of experience handling cases like yours. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you get your life back on track after a collision.
Personal Injury Attorney in Pittsburg
I’m Ed Smith, a Pittsburg personal injury attorney. No two motor vehicle collisions are the same. It is essential for those injured in car accidents to seek the assistance of an experienced attorney who has the knowledge and skills to build a strong case for fair compensation. Give our law firm a call today to receive free, friendly advice from one of our injury lawyers on your case and learn how we can help at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400.
Learn more about our legal team and the types of cases we have handled by visiting the links below:
In recognition of our work and dedication to our clients, we have been invited to join the following groups as members of the California chapters:
Image Credit: Pixabay User “OpticalEssence”
:ds [cs 885] bw