Brentwood Teen Killed in Crash Near Knightsen
Authorities reported that a teen from Brentwood was killed, and two others were injured after a car crash in the Knightsen area on the morning of Wednesday, June 16, 2021. The collision was reported on Sellers Avenue in the vicinity of Delta Road shortly after 5:30 p.m.
Details on the Knightsen Crash That Killed a Brentwood Teen, Injured Two People
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the incident occurred in an unincorporated area of Contra Costa County and involved a Ford pickup truck and an Acura sedan. Both vehicles on the two-lane road reportedly collided head-on.
The Ford driver, a 19-year-old Discovery Bay man, was transported to the hospital for treatment of serious injuries, CHP traffic officers reported. The passenger in the Acura, a 15-year-old boy, was also hospitalized with injuries described as life-threatening.
Sadly, the Acura driver, a 16-year-old Brentwood boy, succumbed to his injuries at the scene. A GoFundMe page has been created for his memorial fund. More details on the head-on collision were not immediately available.
Types of Compensation in Catastrophic Head-On Collision Cases
Under California law, an individual who has been hurt in a car accident caused by another driver or entity may seek financial compensation for economic and non-economic damages following the incident. This may include:
- Medical Bills: The person who was injured in the motor vehicle accident may seek the recovery of medical bills stemming from the incident. This may include past, ongoing, and future estimated costs of accident-related injuries.
- Lost Income: If a person is unable to return to work for a short time after the car accident, they may seek the recovery of lost wages. If the incident resulted in permanent injury or disability, they may also be entitled to future lost income because of diminished earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: Injuries from a car wreck may result in physical pain and emotional suffering for those affected. Fortunately, a claimant may be compensated for pain and suffering damages through a personal injury claim.
For more information on the personal injury claims process, watch the video below.
What Types of Wrongful Death Damages Survivors May Recover
- End of Life Medical Costs: The costs of medical treatment related to the decedent’s final injury may be recovered by the survivor who paid for them through a survival action.
- Funeral Expenses: Surviving family members may be compensated for the costs of funeral and burial services for their loved one.
- Future Financial Support: If survivors depended on the decedent for financial support, it may be challenging for them to make ends meet during this difficult time. Through a wrongful death claim, surviving family members may receive compensation for loss of future earnings and benefits their loved one would have provided if not for the fatal crash.
- Companionship: Strong family relationships are integral to our well-being and happiness. No bond can compare to the ones we have with our loved ones. California law recognizes this and allows survivors to be compensated for the loss of companionship, care, and protection their loved one provided them.
- Mental Anguish: Few things in life are as painful as losing someone you love, especially if it was the result of someone else’s negligence. California law allows surviving spouses, domestic partners, children, parents, and other immediate family members to seek compensation for mental anguish stemming from the devastating accident.
Navigating the legal system in California can be challenging, and dealing with difficult insurance companies during the claims process is only the beginning. That is why it is essential to work with an injury lawyer who is experienced in handling serious injury and wrongful death cases. An attorney can handle all aspects of your case and step in to protect your rights and best interests. To learn more, contact our law firm today to receive free, friendly case advice.
Personal Injury Attorney in Brentwood
I’m Ed Smith, a Brentwood personal injury attorney. The unfortunate reality about insurance carriers is that they do not have the best interests of injured parties and families of decedents at heart. They are in the business to make a profit. Anyone who has been hurt or lost a loved one in a car accident caused by another driver should reach out to an experienced attorney before speaking to the insurance carrier, providing statements, and signing any documents. To get started, contact us today at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400. Our attorneys are available anytime to meet with you and your family to provide free, friendly case advice on how to move forward with a personal injury or wrongful death case.
See client ratings and reviews of our legal team at these links:
Since 1982, our law firm has worked with injured parties of many types of serious injuries resulting from motor vehicle collisions. We have also represented families affected by wrongful death car accidents. To see our list of past case results, please head over to our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Photo Credit: https://pixabay.com/photos/red-rose-love-symbol-lost-love-4594545/
:ds llo [cs 917]