Biker Killed in Crash in Merced County
The California Highway Patrol reported that a biker was killed in a crash with a big rig in Merced County on Friday, August 26, 2022. The incident occurred around 5:20 a.m. on State Route 152 and Volta Road, CHP traffic officers said.
Details on the Semi-Truck Crash in Merced County That Killed a Biker
A preliminary report revealed that a 2021 Peterbilt big rig was driven by a 60-year-old Dos Palos man. The semi-truck was traveling eastbound on SR-152 when the driver attempted to make a left-hand turn at Volta Road, officials reported. The big rig allegedly entered the direct path of a 2013 Harley Davidson traveling westbound on State Route 152.
The Peterbilt truck and the motorcyclist reportedly collided at the intersection. Sadly, the biker succumbed to their injuries at the scene. The trucker was uninjured in the accident, authorities stated. The cause of the incident remains under investigation, and no further details have been released by officials.
How a Lawyer Can Help with a Commercial Truck Accident Case
When you have been injured or lost a family member in a semi-truck collision, it is essential to have legal counsel on your side. An injury attorney can:
- Advise you on what to expect from the legal process and what steps must be taken to protect your best interests as a claimant
- Gather eyewitness statements and evidence to help establish liability for the incident and resulting losses before it disappears over time
- Calculate the value of economic and non-economic damages in a personal injury or wrongful death claim for the commercial truck accident
- Work with experts in the field, such as an accident reconstruction expert, who can provide testimony on what caused the big rig crash and resulting damages
- Handle written and verbal communications with the insurance carrier representing the other side on your behalf, including negotiations
- File the case in civil court to protect the statute of limitations applicable to the personal injury or wrongful death matter
- Take the at-fault party or entity to civil court if negotiations fail with the other side and their insurance company
As you can see, there is so much that goes into building a truck accident case. That is because different state and federal laws apply to the trucking industry. Given that a big rig crash may result in serious injuries or even death to those involved, it is essential to retain legal counsel to protect your rights and best interests as a claimant. Learn how our legal team at AutoAccident.com can help you with your case by watching the video below or setting up a free case consultation today.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Los Banos
I’m Ed Smith, a Los Banos personal injury lawyer. Getting compensated after a truck accident in Merced County left you injured or claimed the life of a loved one is not always straightforward. That is because the at-fault party or entity may dispute liability for the incident. An accident attorney can help by building a strong case for maximum compensation on your behalf. Contact our legal team today to discuss your legal options for your big rig crash case and receive free, friendly advice by dialing (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400.
Proudly featured in the groups below as California members:
Visit these links to access our client comments and ratings:
A truck accident lawyer may make all the difference between whether you receive a lowball settlement offer for a big rig crash or receive maximum compensation for your losses. Consider contacting an attorney from our law firm right away after getting injured or losing a loved one in a semi-truck collision. Some of our past case resolutions are up on our Settlements and Verdicts page for your reference.
Photograph Credit: Pixabay | “Stock-Snap”
:ds [cs 659] bw