Multiple Vehicle Crash Injures Two in Intersection
A multiple vehicle crash in Arden Arcade on June 6 resulted in injuries to two people. The accident happened shortly after 2:00 in the afternoon at the intersection of Bell Street and Marconi Avenue. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that four vehicles were involved in the accident. The injured were transported by ambulance to a local hospital for evaluation and treatment. The multiple vehicle crash blocked northbound Bell Street for some time while it was cleared. The CHP is in charge of conducting an investigation into the accident to determine its cause.
Forty percent of all crashes happen at intersections, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association. This averages out to approximately two million collisions annually. Driver error is responsible for about 90 percent of all intersection accidents. Some common causes are when the:
- driver does not survey the entire intersection,
- the motorist’s view is obstructed, leaving the driver unaware of a stop sign,
- the driver fails to judge the speed of other cars, or
- the driver is distracted.
Types of Intersection Collisions
There are common types of accidents that happen in intersections. Some are described below:
- Rear end accidents: This type of accident often happens when one vehicle is tailgating another. Rear end accidents cause cervical sprain and strain, commonly known as whiplash.
- Sideswipe crashes: These happen when the passenger side of one vehicle impacts with the driver’s side of another. Generally, the vehicles are going in the same direction, and one moves out of its lane.
- T-bone accidents: This type of accident is also called a broadside crash. It occurs when the front of one vehicle hits the side of another. Broadside accidents are common in intersections when one vehicle runs a red light or stop sign.
- Multiple vehicle crash: It is common for two or more vehicles to be involved in an intersection crash.
Obstruction of a Driver’s View
Visual obstruction of traffic signs and signals can be a major factor in a multiple vehicle crash at an intersection. For example, a stop sign can be obscured by foliage or a traffic light may not be functioning correctly. Poorly designed intersections are another cause. When this happens, the governmental agency responsible for maintaining the roads in the municipality is partially responsible for the accident. An injury lawyer can file a claim against the agency. Since the time frame for filing a claim is different in such cases, having an experienced attorney on your side is important.
The following video, presented by Ed Smith, explains the time limit for filing a claim in California:
Why You Should Consult a Lawyer
Multiple vehicle crashes are more complex than a two-car collision. This means it can be more difficult to accurately determine fault. A seasoned personal injury lawyer with experience in multiple vehicle accidents can help. By using accident reconstruction, which checks for vehicle damage, positioning, marks left on the pavement and other evidence, the lawyer can build a case. In this way, the injured person can recover the cost of medical care, lost wages, and the pain and suffering they experienced.
Arden Arcade Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an Arden Arcade car accident attorney. A bicycle accident caused by a negligent driver can leave you not only injured but facing expenses you shouldn’t have to pay. If you would like my free and friendly advice, phone me at (916) 921-6400. You can also get in touch with me at (800) 404-5400 or through the contact form online.
Learning about a law practice can help you when you are seeking advice. Client reviews of my firm and cases we have handled can be found at the following:
I’ve helped Arden Arcade residents since 1982 get the compensation they need for their accident injuries. This includes cases involving wrongful death, motorcycle crashes, and many kinds of auto accidents.
I am honored to belong to:
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel: This group recognizes lawyers who uphold excellent standards in the law.
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum: This group is reserved for trial lawyers who won more than $1 million for a client.
Photo Attribution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHYBLJ301lQ; Depositphotos_84780222_l-2015
:cd llo [cs 693]