Arbuckle Man Injured in Hit-and-Run

Home » Arbuckle Man Injured in Hit-and-Run
March 15, 2019
Edward Smith

Arbuckle Man Injured in Hit-and-Run

Authorities from California Highway Patrol (CHP) have stated in reports that a serious car accident took place on a local roadway on Wednesday, March 13, 2019. The crash reportedly involved one vehicle and a pedestrian. The pedestrian was identified as Robert L. Francis, a resident of Arbuckle. Francis was left with major injuries and was still in the custody of the Enloe Medical Center in Chico at the time of reporting. Hospital staff have not provided updates regarding his condition. CHP said that the driver of the vehicle left the scene of the crash and that officers are currently looking for the missing motorist.

Accident Details

Francis had reportedly been walking south along Old Highway 99 close to the Myers Road intersection about three miles north of Arbuckle. At this time, a vehicle approached him from behind and struck him. Officers say that the vehicle was a light-colored sedan. The driver of the vehicle did not make contact with Francis before driving away in an unknown direction.

When CHP officers arrived at the accident scene, Francis was on the ground being treated by emergency medical responders. Authorities stated that Francis suffered severe injuries and had him placed on a helicopter ambulance and taken to the Chico hospital for emergency care.


As officers continue their investigation, they have asked the public to help with finding the negligent motorist. Police say that the vehicle most likely has damage to the right side of the front end due to the impact of the collision. However, officers were not able to give a physical description of the driver.

Anybody who believes they may know the location or identity of the driver or vehicle has been asked to contact the Williams Area CHP office’s non-emergency phone line, (530) 473-2821. Callers may remain anonymous if they so choose.

Hit-and-Run Accidents

Most accidents are caused by negligent drivers and these reckless motorists can usually be held responsible for the damages that their actions caused. However, with a hit-and-run accident, this party sometimes cannot be found. While officers often do locate the missing driver, injured people and their families frequently worry about how they will be able to pay for medical expenses, lost income, and other damages when they can’t file a personal injury claim against a negligent party.

In situations like these, people are often able to claim payment from their own insurance policies through “uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages.” However, these coverages are optional, and not everybody has them included in their insurance policy. Even if you do have this type of coverage, the value of any claim is dependent on the specific policy. If you or a person you care about was hurt in a hit-and-run crash, it is a good idea to check with your insurer if you have this type of coverage. However, you should also consult an Arbuckle car accident lawyer to make sure that your insurance company isn’t offering less than you deserve. Most lawyers will be happy to give you a phone consultation and provide you with valuable information for free.

More Articles from Ed Smith, Arbuckle Car Accident Lawyer

Arbuckle Car Accident Lawyers

I’m Ed Smith, an Arbuckle car accident lawyer. If an accident has caused you or a person you love serious injuries, contact me at my local phone number, (530) 392-9400, or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice.

Since 1982, I’ve assisted Arbuckle families and individuals with obtaining fair settlements and verdicts for major injuries. See the reviews written by my clients at these popular rating websites:

I’m proud to belong to these associations and forums:

Photo: ab

:ms llo [cs 654]