Antelope Intersection Crash Under Investigation
An Antelope intersection crash that caused an injury happened on January 23 at Antelope and Walerga roads. The report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) said that the accident happened at about 9:20 in the evening between a Toyota Tundra and a small compact car. Both westbound Antelope and northbound Walerga were completely blocked by the crash. Flatbeds were needed to remove the damaged vehicles. An ambulance was called to the accident scene for at least one individual. The CHP will be investigating the intersection accident to determine the cause and place fault. At this time, it is unknown whether drugs or alcohol was a factor in the collision.
Intersection Collision Statistics
According to statistics by the Federal Highway Administration, 40 percent of all traffic accidents happen at intersections. Half of those accidents are serious, and about 20 percent result in fatalities. Some of the negligent actions that could lead to an Antelope intersection crash include:
- Running a red light is common at intersections and leads to accidents with severe injuries.
- Turning left in front of oncoming traffic can cause an intersection crash. Even though a turn is allowed, the driver should always look for oncoming traffic. Sometimes it is hard to judge the speed at which a vehicle is moving.
- Making a right turn when the view is blocked to the left is another way accidents happen. If the view is blocked on the left by a large vehicle, it creates a complicated intersection. It is better to wait until the view is clear.
- Changing lanes when turning can cause a sideswipe collision. Although these may only result in property damage, any time a car is hit, it can cause it to go into a different lane. This can cause an additional collision.
- Drunk driving leads to many intersection accidents. This happens because the driver has poor judgment. In addition, drunk driving can affect vision and reflexes.
- Distracted driving is a major cause of intersection crashes. Chatting with passengers, texting and eating while driving takes the motorist’s eyes from the road.
- Drowsy driving, particularly in the afternoon or after dark, can cause an intersection accident.
Help Following an Intersection Accident
An Antelope intersection crash can cause injuries that require time away from work, pain and suffering and hefty medical bills. It shouldn’t be the responsibility of an innocent person to pay the bills caused by a negligent driver. An experienced lawyer can help by dealing with the insurance company for you. If this does not result in suitable compensation, the lawyer has the resources to build a strong case.
Antelope Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an Antelope car accident lawyer. Intersection accidents, even though they are usually at lower speeds, can cause serious injuries. If a negligent driver caused your accident, I have free and friendly advice to offer. Please phone me at (916) 921-6400 in the Antelope area. If you are elsewhere in Northern California, reach me free of charge at (800) 404-5400. An online contact form is also available.
I’m a California member of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, established for lawyers who demonstrate excellence in the legal profession. I also belong to Million Dollar Advocates, a forum for trial lawyers who’ve won more than $1 million for a client.
Since 1982, I’ve represented many Antelope residents, along with other Northern Californians, to obtain fair compensation for their accident injuries. Some of the areas where I’ve represented clients include in many types of car accidents, wrongful deaths, and catastrophic injuries.
Find out more about my law office by visiting the following pages to see client reviews and some cases that I have handled:
Photo Attribution: https://www.pexels.com/photo/action-america-architecture-avenue-378570/
:cd llo [cs 626] cv