Accident on Eagle’s Nest Road Causes Major Injuries
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento personal injury and car accident lawyer. A collision involving two vehicles in East Sacramento on April 30 resulted in significant injuries for one of the individuals involved. The cars were left in a position that blocked the roadway, according to an officer with the California Highway Patrol (CHP), and an ambulance was called to attend to the individual who was injured.
The collision was reported at 1:41 in the afternoon along Eagle’s Nest Road off Jackson Road, which is also called State Route 16. A red Toyota Camry and an unnamed red sedan collided near the Greater Sacramento Muslim Cemetery. The vehicles were reported as having gone off the road into a ditch, and tow trucks were called to remove them. No information was given about the individual who suffered serious injuries or what hospital he or she was transported to for treatment. The CHP will be investigating the crash site to determine the cause and assign fault for the collision.
Causes of Two Vehicle Accidents
Although an accident between two vehicles can happen for many reasons, it has been shown that 94 percent of all types of motor vehicle accidents are caused by human error, with the rest attributed to outside influences. Some of the reasons are as follows:
- Improper turns are a common cause of auto accidents when drivers pull out in front of another vehicle or fail to signal before turning.
- Wrong way drivers claim the lives of between 300 and 400 people each year. Wrong way drivers are commonly found to be drunk, who have entered onto a roadway from the exit ramp.
- Tailgating happens both on city streets and highways. When the vehicle in front slows or stops suddenly or doesn’t have working tail lights, a collision occurs.
- Design defects in cars themselves can cause accidents.
- Drunk driving causes 29 percent of all auto accidents because the driver has slow reaction times, poor muscle coordination and poor judgment.
- Running a stop sign or red light is a common cause of car crashes at intersections.
- Poorly maintained roads that contain cracks, potholes or missed signage and overgrown vegetation cause car accidents when the government entity responsible for upkeep neglects its responsibility.
- Construction sites are frequent areas where collisions occur because it can be confusing to drivers, and some people ignore the instructions given by the flagman.
- Poor vehicle maintenance such as bald tires, bad brakes, and nonfunctioning exterior lights can lead to a car accident.
- Reckless driving can include speeding, ignoring traffic laws and not allowing the right of way of other drivers.
- Speeding causes 27 percent of the fatalities in driving accidents. Increased speed above the posted limit causes an increase in the severity of injuries and a higher risk of death. It also means the seat restraints and air bags will not function as they should.
Sacramento Personal Injury and Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento personal injury and car accident lawyer. Vehicular accidents have many causes, but the one thing they have in common is that they can cause injuries or the death of a family member. If you’ve been injured by a negligent driver or one of your loved ones has, please call me for friendly, free advice. I can be reached at (916) 921-6400 or at (800) 404-5400. I also have a contact form online on my website if that is easier.
Ratings and information about a law firm’s former cases can help you decide who to call when you need legal advice. You can look at ours at:
As a Million Dollar Advocates member, I join other trial attorneys around the nation in a forum that represents those who have obtained million dollar case verdicts and settlements for their previous clients.
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/hospital-emergency-room-entrance-1636334/
:cd [cs 681] bw cv