Accident at South Walton Avenue Intersection May Have Involved Drunk Driver
A suspected drunk driver in Yuba City collided with three pedestrians on February 6. The collision occurred at the South Walton Avenue intersection with Camino De Flores around 2:20 p.m., according to the office of the Sutter County Sheriff. Two adults and a juvenile suffered major injuries when they were struck by the driver close to Andros Karperos School.
Suspected Drunk Driver Placed Under Arrest After Injuring Three Pedestrians
The driver was placed under arrest for suspicion of DUI in addition to other charges. She was identified as a woman, age 49, who also had a juvenile in her vehicle at the time of the accident. Those with information about the multiple pedestrian accident are asked to contact Deputy Anub at SAnub@co.sutter.ca.us.
How Our Law Firm Helps Clients
Our investigators are experienced at collecting the evidence needed to support a client’s claim to recover compensation. By doing so, they can recover compensation for all of their medical costs, pain and suffering and lost wages. Some of the areas in which they collect evidence include:
- The investigators go to the scene of the accident as soon as possible and look for physical evidence of the collision involving the alleged inebriated driver. This evidence may include paint smears or pieces of metal that have been dropped as well as skid marks, which tie the vehicle to the accident injuries.
- Interviews are conducted with accident witnesses. Witnesses can often describe the vehicle being driven by the alleged drunk driver, whether they were driving recklessly, how the collision occurred, and at times even identify the driver. There are also times when a witness taped the accident as it occurred on their mobile phone.
- Police reports are reviewed by investigators to ensure they are accurate and complete. If they are not, it can affect the ability of the client to place a claim to recover compensation.
- The investigators then perform accident reconstruction techniques, which shows how the vehicle was positioned before the collision and how it occurred, resulting in injuries to the pedestrian.
- Surveillance cameras in the area are examined to check if the pedestrian accident was captured on film. A subpoena can be used to obtain a copy of this record, which provides compelling evidence against the reported drunk driver.
Our attorneys take over once the evidence has all been gathered. They compile the gathered evidence into a strong case that supports our client’s injury claim. Whether in civil court or in negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurance company, our attorneys use all the information that has been gathered in building a strong case so that our client can recover maximum compensation.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Yuba City
I am Ed Smith, a personal injury lawyer in Yuba City. If a negligent driver caused your injuries, you might be able to hold them responsible for your medical expenses and other losses. You are welcome to contact us at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice. An accident attorney from our firm can review your case for free, answer your questions and tell you what your options are for recovering compensation. Contacting us online is also an option.
Among the organizations we are proud to be a member of are:
- Million Dollar Advocates
- Top 1 Percent
After being injured in an accident, many of our clients have benefited from the experience of our firm’s injury lawyers. The following cases and comments can be found below:
Photo attribution: Image by Steve Buissinne from Pixabay
:cd llo  bw