Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents and Injuries in Roseville
I”m Ed Smith, a Roseville car accident lawyer. Roseville is a tranquil town with a low number of serious traffic accidents. However, it is also where State Route 65 connects with Interstate 80, where many motor vehicle accidents occur. While you are riding in your vehicle, you may feel that you and your loved ones are adequately protected by the strength of your car and its safety features. However, even a minor crash can end up causing injuries.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Although there are many varieties of motor vehicle crashes, some are more common than others. Following are some of the types of car accidents that are commonly found in town and along the highways:
- Rollovers: Speeding often contributes to rollover accidents, particularly on sharp bends in a road. It can also happen when a driver hits gravel or a soft shoulder and overcorrects. Making sure not to speed and avoiding distracted driving is helpful.
- Merging: Merging into fast-moving traffic on a highway can lead to a precarious situation when the time to merge is misjudged. Not reaching the proper speed once on the highway can also cause an accident. Ensuring that the way is clear before merging is one way to avoid a collision when entering the roadway.
- Rear-end collisions: One of the most common accidents, this type of crash commonly occurs at stop lights or when driving in congested traffic situations. Keeping a safe distance between vehicles can help avoid a collision.
- T-bone accidents: This is a common intersection accident, and negligence contributes to many broadside crashes. Reckless driving such as running a red light, speeding and not yielding the right of way are frequent causes. Obeying traffic laws and watching for negligent drivers may lower the risk of this type of accident.
- Head on collisions: These types of collisions are among the most dangerous and often result in fatalities. Drunk driving is a common cause when the motorist enters an exit ramp onto a highway or a one-way street going in the wrong direction. When confronted with a wrong way driver, taking to the slow lane improves the odds of not being in a collision.
- Multiple vehicle crashes: Multi-car crashes often begin with a two-vehicle collision that causes a chain reaction. Although negligence by one driver can be the cause, in some instances, multiple motorists contribute to an accident. Keeping adequate space between cars and paying attention to the road can be helpful to avoid a multiple vehicle crash.
- Run-off-road accidents: This type of accident is most common with single vehicle crashes. They most often happen, not on dangerous curves, but on straight stretches of road a motorist normally travels. Distracted driving, speeding and drunk driving are common causes.
Some accident injuries are apparent at the time of a collision. However, others do not appear until days or even weeks later. Following are some of the most common injuries suffered in collisions:
- Head and brain injuries may range from a concussion to traumatic brain injury. TBIs are among the most common causes of traffic accident fatalities.
- Spinal injuries, from damaged disks to spinal cord injury can result in lifelong pain. Spinal cord damage can also result in permanent paralysis.
- Broken bones are common accident injuries. Most improve in a few weeks, while others may require surgery and extensive rehabilitation.
- Abdominal trauma can range from bleeding internally to organ damage. Many cases of abdominal trauma require emergency medical care.
- Chest trauma can result in bruising, broken ribs, a punctured lung or damage to the heart itself.
- Burns can result when a vehicle catches fire because of a collision. Treatment depends on the extent of a burn injury. However, more serious burns require special treatment to avoid infection, and skin grafts may be necessary.
Roseville Car Accident & Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Roseville car accident lawyer. When facing mounting medical bills and lost time away from work because of an accident caused by a negligent driver, consulting with an attorney may help. If you or your loved one was injured, please give me a call at (916) 921-6400 in Roseville or at (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice. If it is easier for you, use the contact us page on my website, and I will get back to you quickly.
For more than 36 years, I’ve helped many Roseville residents and others in Northern California to obtain fair compensation in all types of accidents.
I am a milliondollaradvocates.com California member. Only trial attorneys who have garnered an amount in excess of one million dollars through a verdict or settlement for a client are eligible to join this forum.
To find out more about my law practice, look over client reviews and case studies at the following links.
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_36039697_l-2015
:cd llo [cs 819] cv