Accident at State Route 299 and Fawn Lodge Road in Lewiston
A multiple-vehicle wreck occurred near Redding on September 12, sending two older women to the hospital. The five-vehicle accident happened shortly before 1:00 p.m. at State Route 299 and Fawn Lodge Road in Lewiston. The incident report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) stated that an ambulance was required to transport the women to the hospital with reported back and neck injuries. An investigation into the cause of the crash and to assign fault is underway by the CHP traffic accident unit.
The Causes of a Multiple-Vehicle Crash
The potential for injury, property damage, and fatalities associated with a multiple-vehicle wreck makes it one of the most serious types of car accidents. Below are some of the most common causes:
- Distracted driving: In even the best of weather and road conditions, distracted drivers pose a significant risk of accidents because they are not paying attention to the road and are preoccupied with cellphones, loud music or other passengers.
- Speeding: Traffic accidents involving multiple vehicles are often caused by excessive speed. As a car speeds, stopping quickly or slowing down becomes more difficult if an obstacle appears or another vehicle suddenly changes lanes.
- Impairment: A drunk or drugged driver can no longer safely operate a car, leading to a multiple-vehicle wreck.
- Fatigue: Fatigued driving can lead to drowsiness, which can lead to errors on the road. Multiple vehicles can easily be involved in an accident due to this.
- Merging accidents: A multiple-vehicle wreck often happens when drivers merge and change abruptly.
- Inexperience: Inexperienced drivers may cause accidents since they cannot judge how long it would take them to stop their vehicle or haven’t mastered changing lanes or merging.
- Roadway neglect: Many road hazards can cause drivers to swerve or change lanes unexpectedly to avoid serious damage or injury, resulting in an accident with another vehicle. Those injured or killed in a multiple-vehicle wreck could sue the responsible government agency. Getting help from an accident attorney may be advisable since there is a six-month time limit for filing a claim.
Multiple-Vehicle Accident Personal Injury Claims
When more than one vehicle is involved in an accident, it can be hard to determine who is at fault. It is possible to file a personal injury claim if you are injured in an accident. A claim involving multiple vehicles and drivers requires understanding how it happened and who was at fault. When an accident attorney examines the accident, he or she can determine who is responsible so that the client can recover total compensation, which may include:
- All medical costs that arise from the accident
- Compensation for lost wages and benefits
- Potential loss of income in the future
- The pain of physical, psychological and emotional suffering
- Disfigurement or scarring damages
The following tips from accident lawyer Ed Smith can assist you in selecting a suitable personal injury attorney:
Lawyer for Personal Injury in Redding
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a lawyer for personal injury in Redding. If you suffered injuries in a car accident because of another driver’s negligent actions, please call us at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400. Our online message system is also available to you. You can schedule a free consultation with one of our accident attorneys to discuss how you can recover damages either in person or virtually.
A few examples of how AutoAccident.com’s injury lawyers supported other clients’ claims are as follows:
We work hard to recover compensation for our clients, as evidenced by some of our memberships:
:cd llo [cs 628]