Two-Vehicle Crash on Stockton Boulevard in Sacramento
On November 8, a two-vehicle crash occurred along Stockton Boulevard in the Florin area of Sacramento, which sent one person to the hospital with injuries. The accident occurred just north of 65th Street at the entrance of Pacific Plaza around 4:17 in the afternoon and involved a BMW and Toyota Camry, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP). The person injured in the crash was transported by emergency responders with the Sacramento Fire Department to UC Davis Medical Center for treatment and further evaluation. The crash is being investigated by the CHP to determine fault.
When an accident was caused by negligence, the injured person can place a claim for compensation for their injuries, lost time away from work, and the pain and suffering they have endured. Some of the ways two-vehicle accidents can occur include:
- Intersection collisions account for about 40 percent of all traffic accidents, and two-vehicle crashes are common. They can occur when a driver is ignoring traffic laws, makes a turn without looking, or tries to beat a light that is turning red.
- Sideswipe accidents happen when a driver tries to switch to another lane without properly looking for traffic.
- Head on two-vehicle crashes often happen at intersections when a vehicle starts to make a turn when traffic is oncoming. It also occurs when a driver gets onto a roadway going in the wrong direction. In these instances, the driver is often impaired by either alcohol or drugs.
- T-bone collisions occur most often when a driver runs a red light or stop sign or turns into oncoming traffic and results in a two-vehicle crash or can involve multiple cars.
- Rear-end crashes happen when a vehicle in front stops short, or the driver behind is distracted, often by texting or talking on a cell phone while driving.
- Negligence by a government entity can result in a two-vehicle crash. It may be caused by overhanging tree branches that obscure signage, overgrown shrubbery, malfunctioning traffic lights, or for other reasons. In government negligence cases, it is important to contact a lawyer right away for help because the timeline for filing is much shorter than other types of accidents.
How an Experienced Lawyer Helps
Accident claims for compensation are based on evidence of fault, and this is where an experienced personal injury lawyer can help. Investigators are sent out right away by our firm to examine the accident scene, look over the police report for errors, and interview witnesses. Accident reconstruction may be required in some cases to show the position of the vehicles. In addition, traffic camera footage can provide visual information that is invaluable in proving your claim. Once all the evidence has been accumulated, it is given to our lawyers. With this evidence, they can build a strong case to present in civil court to prove the other party was at-fault or be used in negotiations with the insurance company.
Sacramento Auto Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento Auto Accident Lawyer. Afternoon traffic congestion can often lead to an accident with resulting injuries. When negligence was the cause, the injured individual may place a claim for compensation. This will pay for lost wages, pain and suffering, and medical expenses. If you suffered an injury, call me at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for my free and friendly advice. You can also reach me by filling out the contact form on my website, AutoAccident.com.
I’m pleased to be a member of Million Dollar Advocates and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. The first organization is for lawyers who have won over $1 million for a prior client. Membership in the second is awarded only to those lawyers who uphold standards of excellence in their legal practices.
Discover more about my law practice by checking out the following links:
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_151093256_l-2015
:cd llo [cs 694]