Accident at Madison Avenue Intersection Results in Minor injuries
A two-vehicle crash in Sacramento on January 3 at a major intersection caused a reported injury. The collision occurred around 8:27 a.m. at the Madison Avenue intersection with Auburn Avenue between a Nissan Rogue and Toyota Camry. The accident blocked the intersection, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Authorities Determining Fault in Two-Vehicle Crash
A tow truck was called to remove the Toyota, which sustained major front-end damage in the intersection crash. Although minor injuries were reported in the collision, it is unknown whether injured parties were transported to a hospital or received treatment at the scene of the two-vehicle crash. The CHP is investigating to determine fault.
Collisions at Intersections Can Occur in Many Ways
Those who suffer injuries from intersection collisions that are caused by at-fault drivers or other circumstances can recover damages by filing a personal injury claim. There are, however, many reasons why a two-vehicle crash at an intersection can occur. When filing a claim to recover damages, it is important to know what kind of negligence caused the accident. An intersection collision with another motorist may occur for a few of the following reasons:
- Intersections can be dangerous places due to speeders and other reckless drivers.
- Accidents at intersections most often occur when someone runs a red light.
- Bicyclists and pedestrians can be affected by intersection collisions when drivers make a risky left or right turn.
- Many traffic collisions occur at intersections as a result of drunk driving.
- Drivers who text, talk on their cell phones, change the radio station, and do other distracted driving activities may be at risk for a two-vehicle crash.
Intersection Collisions Can Be Caused by Additional Factors
Serious intersection crashes don’t always occur due to negligent motorists. This type of accident can also happen in the following ways:
- Government neglect: Negligent maintenance can lead to serious accidents when the government entity responsible for the intersection’s upkeep is negligent. An intersection collision can be caused by mistimed traffic signals, overgrown shrubbery and missing signs. The lawyer of a person who has been injured at an intersection can determine if the accident was caused at least in part by faulty government maintenance. It may be possible to hold the government entity financially responsible if it is discovered. An accident attorney can help you ensure the deadline for filing a claim against a government agency is met since the statute of limitations is six months. The court will not hear the case otherwise.
- Auto parts defects: When brakes fail, tires blow out, the accelerator sticks or other serious problems occur, a driver is not able to control their vehicle, which leads to a crash. Product liability claims may be filed against the auto manufacturer in these cases. For this reason, it is essential to keep the vehicle intact in order to inspect it for defects.
Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. Serious injuries in an accident can leave you with high medical bills, lost wages and the pain and suffering that goes along with it. You can call us at (916) 921-6400 if you would like free and friendly advice on whether you can file a claim to recover compensation. We also offer a long-distance line at (800) 404-5400. An online contact form is available also.
We belong to the following associations:
The following links show how our injury lawyers helped other people in recovering compensation:
:cd llo