Two Injured After Truck Crash in Southeast Fresno
Two parties were injured after a truck crash in southeast Fresno on Monday, October 12, 2020. The big rig collision occurred near Sunnyside Avenue and Olive Avenue around 6:30 a.m. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that a car was traveling eastbound on Olive Avenue when a driver of a big rig reportedly made a left-hand turn onto Sunnyside Avenue. This caused a collision between the tractor-trailer and the car, causing the two occupants of the vehicle to be pinned inside. The truck driver was not hurt in the crash while the driver and passenger of the car were transported to an area hospital to treat serious injuries. An update regarding their condition and the cause of the crash was not immediately available.
Who is Responsible for a Southeast Fresno Truck Crash?
People are often under the impression that a serious truck accident is often the result of trucker negligence. However, big rig crashes are not always that simple and straightforward. Several parties and entities may be held financially accountable for injuries and damages resulting from their negligence, including:
- The driver of the truck
- The manufacturer of the defective part in the big rig
- The company responsible for the maintenance of the tractor-trailer
- The owner or shipper of the cargo
- The owner of the truck and the trailer
- The trucking firm
When multiple parties are involved in a truck accident, this can make matters more challenging because there are different insurers to deal with. At AutoAccident.com, our team of injury attorneys understand the challenges of the trucking industry and know how to overcome the defense tactics used by negligent parties and insurance companies to prove who was at-fault for the incident. To learn more on truck accident cases, watch this video below by our law firm:
How a Fresno County Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
When you or a loved one has been injured in a big rig crash, you may find yourself dealing with insurance claims adjusters who are trying to take advantage of your vulnerable situation by making a lowball settlement offer in hopes of you accepting it. If this happens, you should not sign anything or agree to any recorded statement until you have spoken to an experienced legal representative on your recovery options.
Litigating a truck accident injury case is a challenging matter that should be handled by an experienced Fresno personal injury attorney who can:
- Determine whether the commercial truck driver followed federal and state safety regulations on motor carriers: Truck drivers are required to undergo basic training and limit the number of consecutive hours behind the wheel. Unfortunately, many truckers are often pressured by their employers to meet the trucking industry’s demands and may fail to comply with state and federal rules. An experienced big rig crash lawyer in Stockton can collect and review the truck’s maintenance records, whether the driver was in compliance with certification and licensing regulations, cellphone data, GPS data, black boxes, logbooks, and more.
- Identify all parties and entities that may be potentially liable for the truck crash: This may include the employer of the truck driver, the owner of the big rig, the truck driver, the company in charge of loading the cargo, and the entity that performed maintenance on the commercial truck.
- Determine the appropriate jurisdiction of a truck accident lawsuit: It is essential to bring a personal injury lawsuit for a truck accident in the county. The matter can become particularly challenging when a collision involves out of state truck firms.
- Build a strong case through expert testimony and evidence: The attorneys of our truck accident law firm can work to collect CHP traffic accident reports, physical evidence from the scene, witness statements, and medical records to prove negligence on the part of the at-fault party and the extent of injuries and damages. Our legal team depends on our network of experts such as long-term care planners, private investigators, accident reconstruction experts, and medical professionals well-versed in the field to create a strong case for full and fair financial compensation.
Personal Injury Attorney in Fresno
I’m Ed Smith, a Fresno personal injury attorney. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a truck accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may bring a personal injury claim to seek monetary damages related to your injuries. Handling these types of cases on your own can be challenging without the assistance of an experienced injury lawyer. To learn how an attorney can help in your case, call (559) 377-7676 or (800) 404-5400. Our legal team is available anytime to discuss your case and your potential options for personal injury compensation.
Visit the links below to see our past case results and former client ratings and reviews:
I am a proud member of the following legal groups:
Picture Source: https://pixabay.com/photos/emergency-emergency-services-1137137/
:ds llo [cs 841]