Traffic Crash Near U.S. 50 Off-Ramp Causes Minor Injuries
Minor injuries occurred in a Sacramento traffic crash near a highway off-ramp when two vehicles collided. The accident happened along eastbound U.S. 50 at the 15th Street off-ramp around 4:25 p.m., blocking the number three lane. According to the California Highway Patrol, the reporting person advised that an injury had occurred.
Cause of Traffic Crash Under Investigation
The collision happened between an older Ford Mustang and a Toyota Tundra. The Mustang exhibited moderate front-end damage, and a tow truck was called to remove it. The cause of the accident is being determined by CHP Traffic investigators.
Accident Damage Recovery
Car accident lawyers can help you seek compensation if you are injured in a traffic crash due to another’s negligence. An injury lawyer can investigate to compile proof to support your claim, negotiate with the insurance company for you or take the case to court. Recoverable damages may include:
- Medical costs: Medical bills, hospitalizations, and other related expenses can be recovered after an accident.
- Wages: An injured party can claim lost wages resulting from their inability to work. These include bonuses, tips, and other benefits such as pensions and insurance. A disability may prevent injured workers from returning to work or require them to take a lower-paying job. A permanent disability may allow the inclusion of lost earnings until retirement. It is taken into account if they must take a lower-paying job.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation can be awarded for pain and suffering by an injured person. Psychological and emotional pain fall into this category. Treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder may be recoverable in some cases.
Liability in Traffic Crash Cases
Assigning liability for a traffic accident begins with determining who is at fault. Injury lawyers can determine fault by investigating collisions and collecting evidence to support their clients’ claims. The investigation may include the following:
- Witnesses: The testimony of eyewitnesses may provide valuable insight into exactly how the crash happened and who was responsible.
- Camera footage: If there are traffic or security cameras in the area, you might be able to see what happened during the accident on video.
- Police reports: A police report provides valuable details about an accident, such as how the car crash occurred, as well as any charges that were filed or traffic citations.
- Traffic violations: It is also possible to determine liability by using state traffic laws. An accident may be blamed on someone who failed to yield the right of way, was speeding, or ran a red light, for example.
- On-scene evidence: An accident can be reconstructed and the sequence of events can be determined by looking at physical evidence, such as skid marks, vehicle damage, and roadway debris.
- Accident reconstruction: The evidence can be analyzed by accident reconstruction experts, who can provide opinions regarding the cause of the crash.
In the video below, personal injury lawyer Ed Smith explains what you should look for when hiring a lawyer:
Car Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a car accident lawyer in Sacramento. If another’s negligence has injured you, you might be able to recover damages. Get free and friendly advice on whether you can file a compensation claim by calling (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. An online contact form is also available.
To learn more about how our injury lawyers have helped others, click on the links below:
Apart from membership in several other groups, our accident attorneys are also proud members of the following:
Photo attribution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLQ8I1W1gR8&t=10s; Image by Netto Figueiredo from Pixabay
:cd llo