Man Pinned Against U.S. 50 Center Divide Following Traffic Accident
A traffic accident on U.S. 50 on June 7 ended up with a man pinned between a vehicle and the median. The accident happened shortly after 2:00 in the afternoon along eastbound U.S. 50 just west of the 15th Street off-ramp as reported by the California Highway Patrol (CHP). Upon arrival, the CHP discovered a man stuck between a Toyota Tacoma and the median.
Traffic Accident Under Investigation
The pickup was blocking the fast lane. Sacramento Fire Department first responders arrived. However, no information was provided on the extent of injuries to the man. The accident is under investigation by the CHP to determine what happened to cause the collision. At this time, it is unclear what transpired to place the man in this position.
Causes of a Highway Traffic Accident
Highway accidents are where serious injuries often occur due to traffic congestion and higher speeds. Most highway collisions are as a result of negligence by another driver such as:
- Rear-end collisions along highways are common because drivers may be tailgating if a motorist ahead of them is moving at a slower speed. However, if the first driver slows suddenly or stops, the motorist behind will not be able to avoid causing a rear-end collision. Almost always, the driver to the rear is found negligent in the traffic accident.
- A driver switches lanes either without signaling or by cutting off another car. This dangerous activity can not only cause a crash but could result in a multiple-vehicle collision.
- A driver is distracted by texting, chatting on their phone, or performing some other activity instead of concentrating on the road ahead.
- A drunk or drugged driver is behind the wheel of the car. It is known that those under the influence of alcohol or drugs have problems judging the distance and speed of other vehicles, may have problems focusing, and have reduced reflexes. This can easily cause a traffic accident.
- The motorist cuts across multiple lanes of traffic to reach a highway exit. This reckless behavior can end up causing a multiple-vehicle traffic accident.
- Speeding leads to many traffic collisions because the driver can lose control of their vehicle or can’t stop in an emergency situation.
Investigation of a Highway Traffic Accident
Highway collisions often involve multiple vehicles, so it is important to know who is at fault for an injured party to obtain compensation. In many cases, more than one driver may have been negligent. For example, one motorist may have been speeding, while another was texting when the accident occurred.
Our investigators are experienced in identifying negligent driver/drivers following a traffic collision. They do this by collecting the evidence needed to identify the negligent driver and prove they were at fault. Some of the techniques and areas of investigation include:
- The investigators look over the police report to ensure it is accurate. Mistakes could mean the injured party could not place a claim for compensation.
- They perform crash reconstruction, which basically shows how the traffic accident happened and often points toward the negligent driver.
- The witnesses to the accident are interviewed and statements are collected.
- Area surveillance cameras are examined to see if the accident was captured on film. This type of compelling evidence is helpful when negotiating on the client’s behalf with the insurance company or the case is presented in civil court.
- The driving records of those involved in the collision are checked for previous infractions.
Our injury attorneys take over once the evidence is collected and use it to construct a strong case for compensation for our client.
Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. Accident injuries that occur because of a negligent motorist or for other reasons may be compensated by filing a claim with the help of an injury lawyer. Please contact me for free and friendly advice at (916) 921-4000 or (800) 404-5400, or you can reach me online.
Please look at the links that follow to find out how my law firm has helped others:
It is an honor for me to be a member of:
Photo attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/headlamp-accident-auto-blue-broken-2940/
:cd llo [cs 754]