Accident on S.R. 51 Involves Two Vehicles
A traffic accident in Midtown Sacramento happened on December 2 that caused injuries. The collision occurred around 2:37 in the afternoon along southbound S.R. 51 just north of the J Street off-ramp, according to the report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP). Sacramento Fire Department first responders were called to the scene to assess injuries.
Two Injuries Reported in Midtown Traffic Accident
One patient in a Kia Optima suffered neck pain from the accident, while another in a Jeep Renegade required an ambulance for a female passenger. The Jeep sustained major damage in the traffic accident and had to be towed from the scene. The CHP is holding an investigation into the cause of the collision.
Recovering Compensation in a Traffic Crash
Injuries caused by a traffic crash are common and can leave the injured party hospitalized and facing a long recuperative period. When a negligent driver caused those injuries, you might want to find out about filing a claim for compensation. We offer a free, no-obligation review of your case, can answer your questions and tell you what options are available to recover damages. In addition, you have the option of choosing an in-person visit or doing it virtually.
Types of Injuries in a Traffic Accident
The following are common injuries that are suffered in a traffic collision. Many of them can require hospitalization and result in high medical bills, lost time at work and cause you pain and suffering. The following are examples of injuries suffered in a crash with another vehicle:
- Cervical sprain or strain: This type of injury occurs as a result of the rapid back and forth movement of an individual’s head during a traffic crash. In some cases, whiplash, as it is commonly called, heals by itself in several months. However, more serious cases can continue for as long as a year, which interferes with a person’s ability to work and enjoy their life.
- Traumatic brain injury: A TBI may include a concussion or more serious trauma such as brain hemorrhage. These types of injuries require professional assessment and treatment. In some cases, a TBI can cause a permanent disability, rendering the injured party unable to care for themself.
- Abdominal trauma: Trauma to the abdomen can be caused by impact with the vehicle itself or by the seat belt or airbag. Abdominal trauma may include internal bleeding or organ damage, both of which can require emergency surgical repair.
- Bone fractures: Broken bones commonly occur in a traffic collision and can range from a simple break to compound fractures. Although many of these injuries heal in about six weeks, other more complex trauma may require surgical intervention, pinning or plates and be ongoing for a long time, preventing the injured party from caring for themself or working.
- Spinal cord trauma: Damage to the spinal cord is often serious and can result in temporary or permanent paralysis. The point of paralysis depends on the location of the break in the spinal column. An individual with this type of injury often requires at-home or institutional care for the rest of their life.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a Sacramento auto accident attorney. The trauma suffered in an accident can often be severe, and if a negligent driver was the cause, you may be able to claim compensation to cover your medical costs and other losses. Contact us for free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. You can also connect with us online.
We are proud members of:
Helpful information about how my legal team and I have assisted others is located at the links that follow:
Our law office and team of injury lawyers has helped the people of Northern California since 1982 in obtaining the compensation they deserve for all kinds of traffic accidents, product liability and government claims, wrongful deaths, and other cases.
:cd llo