Three-Vehicle Sacramento Accident Injures Infant
An accident on a Sacramento highway caused a minor head injury to an infant on February 16. The crash happened on eastbound U.S. 50 at the northbound Howe Avenue on-ramp around 4:14 in the afternoon. It was reported by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) that a Humvee, BMW, and Ford Fusion collided for unknown reasons.
One Injury Reported in Three-Vehicle Accident
First responders at the Sacramento Fire Department were called to the scene to check on injuries to an infant in one of the vehicles who was reported to have a head injury. The injury was determined to be minor; however, no information was released on whether the child was taken to a hospital for additional examination. The accident is being investigated by the CHP to determine how it occurred.
Seeking Advice From a Personal Injury Lawyer
Injuries are common in car accidents, and while some are minor in nature, others can be serious and involve a hospital stay and recuperative period where you are unable to work. An injury lawyer can help by getting an injured person the compensation that they deserve when an accident was caused by someone else’s negligence. In this way, the injured party can focus on getting well without the financial worry about all those extra bills and lost wages.
Suffering a Head Injury in a Car Accident
A head injury is one of the most common consequences of a car accident. They can range in severity from just a bump on the head to traumatic brain injuries that can have life-changing consequences. However, any time someone is in a car accident, they should be checked out by a physician, especially if any injury occurred. Some of the most common brain injuries incurred in a traffic collision include:
- Contusions: A contusion is the result of a head injury caused when the head strikes a fixed object inside the vehicle. Symptoms can include problems concentrating, balance and coordination, and others.
- Concussion: This brain injury can occur due to the sudden movement of the brain inside the skull. Most concussions heal within six months, but a more severe injury can take much longer and cause dizziness, headache, confusion, fatigue, and other symptoms.
- Hemorrhage: Bleeding can happen outside the brain or in it. Because hemorrhage can cause the brain to swell, it can be a life-threatening event that requires emergency surgery to address. Symptoms include changes in vision and balance, severe headache, seizures, and more.
- Hematoma: A hematoma is a blood clot that has formed in or near the brain. They can cause dizziness, drowsiness, unequal size of the pupils, and can progress to a loss of consciousness.
Investigating a Car Accident
Those who are injured in a crash often face costly medical bills, lost time at work, and endure the pain and suffering that goes along with an injury. This is why it is important to gather the evidence needed to support a client’s compensation claim. Among other areas, our investigators:
- Perform accident reconstruction
- Review the police report for errors
- Interview witnesses to the head injury crash
- Look for surveillance footage from traffic and business cameras
- Check for signs of government negligence such as potholes, poor lighting, and others
Once the evidence has been gathered, our injury attorneys can use it to build a strong case that benefits our client’s claim.
Sacramento Car Injury Lawyer
Ed Smith is my name, and I am a Sacramento car accident lawyer. Obtaining compensation for an injury that was caused by the negligence of another can pay for your lost wages, medical bills and reimburse you for your pain and suffering. If you would like to hear my free and friendly advice, you can contact me at (916) 921-6400 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 if you’re phoning from outside the area code. I can be reached by messaging me on the online form also.
I’m proud to belong to the following associations:
My law firm and injury attorneys have helped many Sacramentans get the compensation they deserve for their traffic collisions, traumas such as head and brain injuries, and wrongful deaths since 1982.
You can find helpful information about my law firm at the following:
Attributed photo: https://pixabay.com/photos/car-accident-broken-glass-splatter-337764/
:cd llo [cs 734]