Vehicle and Bicyclist Collide on Sunrise Boulevard
A serious bicycle crash occurred in Citrus Heights recently when the rider was involved in a collision with a motor vehicle. The accident happened, according to the Citrus Heights Police Department, along Sunrise Boulevard near Antelope Road. Upon arrival, officers discovered an unconscious male bicycle rider lying on the ground who had suffered trauma. The driver involved in the crash remained at the accident scene and was cooperating with authorities.
Seriously Injured Bicycle Rider Transported to Hospital
First responders with Sac Metro Fire transported the bicycle rider to a hospital, where he was listed in critical condition. The Traffic Unit of the police department is investigating the accident, which is ongoing. It has not been determined if drugs or alcohol were a factor in the bicycle crash.
Getting Help After a Bicycle Crash Injury
When a negligent driver caused your bicycle accident, you might be eligible for compensation. It is not uncommon for us to handle cases of this nature. Whenever you have questions regarding a bicycle accident injury, we are available to answer them, evaluate your case and talk with you about compensation options.
Negligent Motorist and a Bicycle Crash
The low visibility and vulnerability of bicycle riders make them more likely to be struck by negligent drivers. When it happens, the injured rider may claim compensation. This type of bicycle collision occurs for a number of reasons, including:
- Drunk drivers: Drivers who are intoxicated may display slowed reflexes, have difficulty tracking with their eyes and have problems judging distances. Because of these deficits, they can easily cause a bicycle crash.
- Speeding: In an emergency situation, a driver might require a longer stopping distance, increasing the chance of causing a bicycle accident. There is also a greater risk of fatalities and serious injuries in bicycle accidents involving speeders.
- Distracted driving: A bicycle crash is often caused by distracted driving. It is possible for cyclists to sustain serious injuries if motorists are distracted by texting or performing other actions that remove their eyes from the roadway.
- Running a red light: When passing through an intersection, a bicycle accident injury is often caused by a driver who fails to stop at a red light.
- Crosswalk dangers: Drivers should still be cautious when approaching crosswalks, even with a green light, to avoid crashing into a bicycle rider.
Injury Investigations in Bicycle Accidents
When a client’s case for financial compensation is investigated, evidence may be discovered that supports their claim. Immediately after the accident, we send investigators to interview witnesses and ensure that the police report is accurate. Aside from collecting possible traffic camera footage, investigators also look to see whether the driver ignored the three-foot distance rule and for other traffic violations.
Upon obtaining the evidence, our accident attorneys build an effective case in support of our clients’ compensation claims. Medical expenses, lost wages and other losses may be included in the damages.
Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Citrus Heights
My name is Ed Smith, and I’m a Citrus Heights bicycle accident lawyer. Bicyclists often suffer severe injuries in traffic accidents. When their trauma was caused by a negligent driver, they may be able to recover compensation to pay their medical costs and for their other losses. Contact us for free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 to have your case reviewed and find out how you can recover the compensation you deserve. We can also be contacted online.
Find out how our injury lawyer team has assisted many others at the links that follow:
We’re honored to be California members of:
:cd llo