Bryte Bend Bridge Accident Causes Minor Injuries
A two-vehicle crash in Sacramento resulted in minor injuries on February 27. The crash occurred along westbound I-80 on the Bryte Bend Bridge around 1:53 p.m. Other vehicles pulled over to the side after the accident to try and offer assistance.
Investigators to Determine Cause of Two-Vehicle Crash
Both vehicles were found by officers with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) who responded to the accident and were not impeding traffic. At least one of the vehicles involved in the collision sustained major damage. The collision is under investigation by authorities to determine how it occurred.
What Are the Common Causes of a Traffic Collision Involving Two Vehicles?
In a two-vehicle crash, a number of factors contribute to their occurrence. Usually, they are caused by human error, but sometimes they are caused by mechanical problems with vehicles or neglect along the roadway. Here are some of the reasons why these types of collisions occur:
- Accidents involving speed are responsible for many traffic collisions. Speeding drivers have less control over their vehicles and require a greater amount of stopping distance, which makes them more likely to cause an accident.
- Other major causes of accidents include distracted driving. It can cause momentary hesitancy to react in an emergency situation when someone is distracted by something such as texting, changing the radio station, conversing with passengers and others.
- Due to people working swing shifts and having multiple jobs, fatigued driving has become more common. Due to their similar reactions, fatigued drivers have been compared to inebriated motorists.
- Although massive efforts have been made to curb drunk driving, this menace still poses a threat to others on the road. Drinking and driving make it impossible to maintain a steady speed, and they weave in the road and are a major cause of head-on collisions.
- Mechanical defects: A defect in an automobile, such as in the brakes or accelerator, can cause a serious traffic accident. When an accident occurs, it is important to retain the vehicle, so it can be examined for possible defects. If one is found that led to the two-vehicle crash, the manufacturer may be held liable through an auto product liability claim.
How Is a Two-Vehicle Crash Investigated?
An injury attorney’s responsibility is to represent their client’s interests in obtaining fair compensation from an at-fault party. In order to do this, they must investigate the client’s injury claim and gather evidence to back it up. They may use the following techniques to gather the necessary evidence:
- Witnesses to the collision are interviewed and the police report is reviewed for errors.
- Accident reconstruction is carried out by the investigators. It is often possible to find out which driver was at fault by showing the original positioning of the vehicles, how the traffic collision happened and where the cars collided and ended up.
- Investigators determine if a collision was captured on video if there are business or traffic cameras in the area. The video could be subpoenaed as strong evidence to support the compensation claim of the client.
At AutoAccident.com, we create a strong case based on the evidence gathered and use it to help our clients get the compensation they deserve. This is something we have done successfully many times over the years. It is our belief that being hurt by a negligent driver is bad enough. The injured party should not also be responsible for the financial loss and go unreimbursed for their pain and suffering.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, and I’m a Sacramento car accident lawyer. When a negligent driver causes your injuries, you might want to find out if you can file a claim. You are welcome to contact our injury lawyers for free and friendly advice by calling (916) 921-6400. We can also be reached at (800) 404-5400 or by sending a message online.
Discover how others have been helped by our injury lawyers at the following links:
We are proud to be members of the following groups:
:cd llo