Howe Avenue Two-Car Crash Blocks Turn Lane
A two-car crash in Sacramento resulted in minor injuries in the Arden-Arcade area on March 26. The accident occurred along Howe Avenue between Fair Oaks and Sierra boulevards around 2:39 p.m. A Cadillac Escalade and Ford were involved in the collision, which blocked the left turn lane.
Minor Injuries Reported in Two-Car Crash
An individual in one of the vehicles was reported by the person who called in the accident to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) as not moving. Paramedics with the Sacramento Fire Department were called to the scene as a result. However, it was determined that the injuries suffered in the accident were only minor.
Investigation Underway to Determine Accident Cause
The Cadillac sustained major front-end damage and had to be towed from the scene. The investigation into the cause of the accident is underway by the CHP.
Causes of Rear-End Collisions on City Streets
Rear-end collisions are a common type of two-car crash on city streets due to the high traffic volume and limited space. The primary causes of rear-end collisions are:
- Driver inattention, such as when motorists are distracted by their cell phones or not paying close enough attention to the road ahead of them can cause a two-car crash.
- Following too closely causes an accident when driving too fast for the conditions or failing to stop in time, particularly when traffic ahead is stopped.
- Reckless driving, such as when motorists speed excessively, run red lights and engage in other unsafe practices are common causes of accidents.
- Poor road design and/or maintenance, such as narrow lanes, blind corners, potholes and poorly placed guard rails that impede visibility, lead to crashes.
- Improper lane changes, when drivers fail to check their blind spots and signal their intentions before switching lanes cause accidents. Poorly lit roads at night can make it difficult for motorists to see ahead of them or anticipate potential hazards in time.
- Speeding can reduce the time a driver has to perceive and react to traffic conditions.
- Failure to yield the right-of-way can lead to an accident when motorists do not follow the laws of the road and fail to give other drivers their proper turn or lane.
- Mechanical issues with either vehicle can cause a driver to lose control or braking power, leading to a crash.
When a negligent motorist or other entity caused your accident injuries, you may be able to recover compensation. Personal injury compensation includes all your medical costs as well as out-of-pocket expenses, wages you lost while recovering and pain and suffering. If your injury is ongoing, those expenses are calculated into your settlement.
By hiring an injury lawyer to handle your compensation claim, you can be assured of good representation and that you will have your rights protected. The lawyer can also negotiate for you with the insurance company of the at-fault party or take your case to court if necessary.
Car Accident Attorney in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a car accident attorney in Sacramento. To speak with our injury lawyers, please call (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly advice. You can reach us by phone at (800) 404-5400, or you can send us an online message. You can meet with one of our accident attorneys in person or virtually for a free assessment of your case and to learn about your options for recovering compensation.
In addition to our membership in the following associations, we are proud to be members of:
Our accident attorneys have helped many injured people obtain compensation for their injuries due to someone else’s negligence in the following examples:
Photo attribution: Image by Vladyslav Topyekha from Pixabay
:cd llo