Sacramento Off-Ramp Accident
A Sacramento off-ramp accident along Interstate 80 eastbound at Madison Avenue in the northern part of the city resulted in an injury on December 19, 2018. The accident happened during the afternoon rush hour at about 5:15 when an Audi and Toyota pickup collided at the entrance to the off-ramp. According to the report released by the California Highway Patrol (CHP), one individual was transported to Mercy San Juan Medical Center for undescribed injuries. The crash caused the off-ramp to be blocked, which took about half an hour to clear.
Exit Ramp Dangers
A study conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety pointed out that ramps that exit and enter highways are among the most common locations for accidents. In the study, three crash types were found to commonly occur. Vehicles entering a ramp were most likely to be involved in sideswipe or rear-end collision. Those exiting onto a ramp were most apt to experience a run-off-road collision. While most ramp accidents involve driver error, some are caused by a poor design that can lead to a collision.
How to Avoid Ramp Accidents
The easiest way to lower your risk of a Sacramento off-ramp accident is to learn how to be cautious. Some helpful tips include:
- Avoid speeding: When nearing an off-ramp, slow down because ramps are not designed to be driven at highway speeds. This is a major way to avoid a Sacramento off-ramp accident.
- Narrowing exit ramps can create a problem when traffic has to merge. Use caution to avoid an off-ramp accident.
- Reckless driving can contribute to an off-ramp crash. This happens when another vehicle suddenly tries to change lanes in order to take a ramp but is traveling too fast. By being distracted, they don’t see another car and crash into it. Any time vehicles are moving at highway speeds, extra care must be taken to avoid a charge of reckless driving or cause a crash.
- Keep an eye out for slower traffic up ahead. While some drivers speed when exiting, others slow too much, which can result in a rear-end collision.
- Pay attention to signs for exits before entering and while driving on the ramp. Some exits expect you to merge, while others may have a stop sign or light.
Legal Advice After a Sacramento Off-Ramp Accident
Placing fault correctly to build a strong case for compensation is important in California when injuries cause mounting medical bills and other expenses. Because it is a comparative fault state, more than one individual may be considered partially to blame. This is where a lawyer experienced in these types of accidents is invaluable. A lawyer will use existing evidence, talk to witnesses and conduct their own investigation. In addition, by using accident reconstruction and other techniques, the lawyer can help someone who is injured recover the compensation needed to pay those expenses.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. While you or your loved one might be tempted to go about it alone in dealing with an insurance company following an accident injury, it’s a good idea to talk to an experienced lawyer first to find out all your options. For free and friendly advice, I can be reached at (916) 921-6400 in the Sacramento area or (800) 404-5400 long-distance from elsewhere in Northern California. We also offer a contact form online at AutoAccident.com if that would be easier, and I will call you back.
As a MillionDollarAdvocates.com member of California, I join a group of trial attorneys who have won a verdict/settlement of more than one million dollars for a client.
See how my law firm has helped others by looking over some of our cases and reading what clients have had to say. You are welcome to visit the following web pages:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/highway-road-off-ramp-cars-travel-3836653/
:cd llo [cs 694] cv