Northbound I-5 Location of Sacramento Multiple-Vehicle Collision
A Sacramento multiple-vehicle collision with injuries occurred on January 5 that involved five vehicles, and one of the drivers fled the scene. The accident happened in the South Land Park area around 7:18 p.m. along the West Side Freeway just south of the off-ramp for Sutterville Road. According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), vehicles involved in the crash included a Hyundai Elantra, Nissan Frontier, and Honda.
Sacramento Multiple-Vehicle Collision Reportedly Results in Injuries
As the accident was being reported to police by one person who was involved, another vehicle crashed into them. One sedan was facing the wrong way in the number three lane. The others initially blocked several lanes, but they were all pulled into the slow lane. Information was not released on the number of injuries in the crash or their seriousness. The CHP traffic collision unit investigates the accident to determine fault and locate the hit-and-run driver.
Lawyers’ Determination of Liability in Multiple-Vehicle Accidents
You need the help of an injury lawyer if you are injured in a Sacramento multiple-vehicle collision. Identifying the responsible parties for accident injuries is important, so you should consult with an injury lawyer since multiple parties may have been negligent. Accident lawyers collect and review evidence to determine who is to blame, such as:
- Reports from the police are essential sources of information. Still, they must be checked for errors since incorrect information could affect the ability of the injured party to file a claim.
- Corroborating evidence can be obtained by interviewing witnesses. In addition, one of the witnesses might have captured the accident as it occurred on their cell phone.
- To analyze the circumstances leading up to the crash, security cameras around the area can be used to collect video footage. Through this analysis, they can determine who caused the collision and hold any responsible parties accountable.
- Furthermore, an attorney will use experts to reconstruct the accident scene to assess how it happened and which drivers caused it accurately.
- The investigators will also check for traffic violations that might have contributed to the accident.
Handling the Client’s Compensation Claim
By presenting this evidence and using it to negotiate with the at-fault parties’ insurance companies, the lawyer will be more prepared to advocate for their client’s rights and assist them in obtaining fair compensation. If these negotiations are unsuccessful following the Sacramento multiple-vehicle collision because the insurance companies refuse to pay fair compensation, the lawyer can take the case to civil court.
Ed Smith, injury lawyer, recommends that you consider the following tips when choosing an attorney or looking for free advice:
Sacramento Car Accident Attorney
I am Ed Smith, a car accident attorney in Sacramento. Multiple-vehicle accidents can cause severe trauma. You may be able to file a compensation claim if you suffered an accident injury caused by an at-fault party or parties. Our firm’s accident attorneys can offer free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. Alternatively, you can contact us online. By receiving a free consultation at our office or virtually, the injured person can review their case, ask questions, and discover the options to recover compensation.
Some of our cases can be seen at Settlements and Verdicts, Yelp, or Google, which contain a few cases we’ve handled and testimonials from satisfied clients. Our lawyers strive hard to obtain maximum compensation for our clients and are proud to be members of groups such as Top One Percent and Million Dollar Advocates.