Three Vehicles Involved in Madison Avenue Major Injury Accident
A major injury accident was reported in Sacramento on April 6 that involved three vehicles. The collision happened around 8:04 a.m. along eastbound Madison Avenue just south of Hackberry Lane. Officers with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) arrived at the scene to discover the accident involved an Acura MDX, Mustang and gray-colored SUV. One person was trapped inside their vehicle and had to be extricated.
Madison Avenue Intersection Closed Down as Major Injury Accident Scene Is Cleared
The intersection was blocked, and eastbound Madison Avenue was shut down for about half an hour to clear the scene. One individual suffered a major injury and was transported to a hospital for care and additional evaluation. Two of the vehicles had to be towed from the scene. An investigation is being conducted by the CHP to find out which driver/drivers were at fault for the crash and determine how it happened.
Types of Negligence That Can Cause a Crash
The aftermath of a three-vehicle crash can be devastating. If the negligence of any one party is found to have caused or contributed to the collision, they may be liable for damages. Negligence comes in many forms and can involve drivers, vehicle owners, maintenance providers and more. Some common types of negligence that can lead to a three-vehicle crash include:
- Distracted driving: When a driver fails to pay attention to the road, they can easily cause an accident by not being aware of their surroundings.
- DUI or Impaired Driving: Intoxicated drivers cannot safely drive and can cause serious injury and death.
- Reckless driving: This often involves going too fast or making dangerous maneuvers on the road, such as running red lights and stop signs.
- Neglecting vehicle maintenance: If a vehicle is not properly maintained, it can cause mechanical problems that lead to an accident. By retaining the vehicle, it can be examined. If a defect caused the major injury accident, the injured party can file an auto product liability claim.
- Poor road conditions: Potholes, unforeseen construction zones and debris can all be hazardous and lead to an accident. With only six months to file a claim against the negligent government entity, getting help from an injury lawyer may be recommended.
By understanding these types of negligence, victims of three-vehicle crashes may be able to identify who is responsible for the major injury accident and take steps to seek compensation. It’s important to consult with a knowledgeable attorney if you or someone you know has been involved in such a crash. An experienced lawyer can help you understand your rights and work to build a strong case.
With the right help, injured parties may receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other damages. It’s vital to act quickly to assess the situation and determine who is liable for the crash. With proper help from an experienced attorney, victims have a better chance of holding negligent parties accountable and getting the compensation they deserve.
Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith. I’m a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. Expenses associated with medical care, as well as any other losses suffered, may be compensated if you are injured by another’s negligence. If you want free and friendly advice, give us a call at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. Please feel free to contact us online as well. Suppose you want to discuss your case with us and discover your options for recovering damages. In that case, our accident attorneys are happy to schedule a free consultation with you, either virtually or in person. You are under no obligation.
We’re honored to be members of these organizations:
You can find additional information below on how our injury lawyers have helped our clients:
Photo attribution: Image by Vladyslav Topyekha from Pixabay
:cd llo