Sacramento Fleeing Driver Involved in Intersection Accident

Sacramento Fleeing Driver Involved in Intersection Accident

A Sacramento, fleeing driver was involved in a collision at the intersection of Florin Road and Palmer House Road in South Sacramento, leaving at least one injured person without stopping to offer aid. The accident happened at around 8:14 in the morning on December 2 between a black Chevy Corvette and a Honda Civic, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP). The Sacramento Fire Department was on hand to help with the injured person, and a tow truck was needed to remove the vehicle. It is unknown at this time what injuries the individual suffered. However, the incident is being treated as a felony hit-and-run.

What to do After a Hit and Run

Anger and confusion follow a hit-and-run, especially if the driver leaves behind others who are injured. Remaining calm can help in these instances, and it is advised that those who have been struck by a fleeing driver to take the following steps if possible:

  • Take down any information about the car that you can recall such as make, model, color and license plate number. Even a partial license plate number can be helpful to police.
  • Note any damage to the other vehicle such as a crumpled fender or paint marks from your car as it is leaving the scene.
  • Note if the fleeing vehicle has stickers in the back window or on the bumpers or side windows. Did it have a trailer hitch or other alterations? These can be important details to help locate the Sacramento fleeing driver.
  • Did you see the driver of the vehicle? Any information such as sex, race, clothing, etc. can help.
  • Were there any witnesses to the accident? Witnesses can supply important information that you may have missed. Make sure to get contact information from those witnesses.
  • Note the time the accident happened and the location (mile markers, stores, and road signs are helpful).
  • If possible, take photos of the damage to your vehicle.
  • Look to see if there are security or traffic cameras in the area. They may have captured the driver as he/she left after the accident.
  • Notify the police and wait for them to arrive. The police will make a report of the accident. The faster they have information on the Sacramento fleeing driver and vehicle, the more likely it is that they will be located.

Some Accident Injuries Take a Long Time to Heal

While all injuries caused by a Sacramento fleeing driver are painful and can result in hospitalization and high medical bills as well as time off work, some can be devastating financially, even with health insurance. Traumatic brain injuries can mean that the individual cannot go back to the same job or becomes permanently disabled. Spinal cord injuries can cause partial or complete paralysis. Abdominal injuries can be life-threatening, and chest injuries can damage the lungs, heart or cause broken ribs. Because of this expense, it can be financially draining to the injured person and their family. An experienced personal injury lawyer may be able to help in such situations by showing what avenues are available to recover the costs.

How a Personal Injury Law Firm Can Help with a Hit-and-Run Accident

Unfortunately, a fleeing driver isn’t unusual in the Sacramento area and happens more and more often. However, by contacting my office as soon after the accident as possible, we can conduct our own investigation to locate the responsible driver.  By working closely with police, forensic detectives, expert witnesses, and accident reconstruction, we have a proven track record of locating Sacramento fleeing drivers, proving fault and obtaining the compensation our clients need and deserve.

Sacramento Auto Accident Attorney

I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. Being hurt in an accident is a traumatic experience that is worsened when the other driver flees the scene of the crash. However, an experienced car accident lawyer may be able to help locate that driver or see that you can recover damages to pay for your injuries. For free and friendly advice, I can be contacted at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. An online contact form on my site,, is also available.

If you are wondering which lawyer to call for advice, looking over their prior cases and comments by former clients is a good idea. You can find links to mine at:

Trial lawyers who have won a case settlement or verdict of more than one million dollars for a client are permitted to join Million Dollar Advocates. I belong to this forum as a California member.

I’ve been an injury lawyer for 36 years, working hard to obtain fair compensation for clients in all types of car accidents, wrongful deaths, and brain injuries.

Photo Attribution:

:cd llo [cs 804] cv