Roseville Electric Power Outages
I’m Ed Smith, a Roseville Car Accident Lawyer. With rainy weather and wet roads all around us, car accidents are more common. Sometimes a car will lose control and hit a power pole causing loss of power to thousands of Roseville residents.
WATCH this Youtube Video: Roseville, CA: A Van Crashed Into a Power Pole Causing a large power outage 12-29-12, by OnSceneActionMedia.
What Should I DO When the Power Goes Out?
When Roseville Electric power outages occur in your neighborhood follow these recommendations:
- DO reduce unnecessary traveling your vehicle as traffic signals may not be operating
- DO switch off major appliances and devices so when power is restored you do not damage them from a power surge
- DO use a portable radio so you will be kept up to date on important weather related or other emergency information.
- DO keep your refrigerator and freezer doors closed. This way your perishables will stand a better chance at surviving the power outage.
- DO keep one light or lamp on so that you will know when power has been restored.
- DO stay well-hydrated in hot weather and keep your pets hydrated as well.
What Should I NOT TO DO When the Power Goes Out?
- DON’T panic. Stay calm and relax.
- DON’T use candles. They are a fire risk. Use flashlights and battery operated candles and lights.
- DON’T call 9-1-1 to ask what’s going on. That line is for emergency situations only.
- DON’T use a diesel powered or gasoline generator.
- DON’T barbeque indoors.
- DON’T go near any downed power lines — as they may be live!
What Should I Do When Power is Restored?
- Turn off any generation equipment in use.
- Restore the power to your home gradually – doing it all at once may overload the power grid.
- Be sure to check your home’s security system to ensure it is functioning properly.
- Inspect around your home and property carefully. Look for fallen trees or limbs. Inspect your home for water damage.
- Replenish your emergency supply kit.
- Check on your neighbors.
- Inspect your perishable foods.
I’m Ed Smith, a Roseville Personal Injury Lawyer. If you, or a member of your family, has been seriously hurt in an accident due to no fault of your own, please call me at (916) 921-6400. I’ve been helping injured Roseville residents since 1982.
Proud California member: Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
View my track record of success, here: Past Verdicts and settlements.
Source of Roseville Electric Power Outages – City of Roseville
Photo Attribution: Wikimedia Commons – Roseville_-_City_Civic_Center.jpg – Public Domain Images