Rio Linda Car Collision
Rio Linda Car Collision. A Rio Linda car collision can happen at any time, and leave the family with high medical bills, lost income from work while healing and the pain and suffering that results from trauma. When an accident is caused by someone else’s negligent actions, you can recover damages that will pay those bills and for the suffering you have endured. Learn about the types of injuries that you or your loved ones can face following a car accident.
Injuries From a Rio Linda Car Collision
While some people only suffer minor injuries in a Rio Linda car collision, others are left with severe trauma that can be life-changing. Some of the more serious injuries that occur in motor vehicle accidents include:
- Concussion: Concussions are common. However, even a concussion can take months to heal and leave the individual with symptoms such as a headache, a feeling of fogginess, confusion, dizziness, memory and balance problems and others, according to Mayo Clinic. Complications may also result from a concussion that can last for months.
- Traumatic brain injury: Although a concussion is a milder form of TBI, more serious injuries can be a life-changing event. Symptoms include coma or extended loss of consciousness, cognitive changes, seizures, changes in the senses and spasticity or paralysis. In more severe forms of TBI, that include symptoms such as brain bleeding, the individual may no longer respond to outside stimuli and need life-long care.
- Chest injuries: Chest injuries can include fractured ribs or sternum, a punctured lung, bruising or more severe damage to the heart and others. In some cases, these types of injuries are complicated by sepsis, which is life-threatening.
- Abdominal injuries: In a Rio Linda car collision, the liver, spleen, bladder, bowel and other organs may be damaged, requiring emergency surgery to repair. Internal bleeding is also a problem that requires surgery.
- Burns: Burns in can occur when a vehicle catches on fire. Burns can range from first to fourth-degree. More serious burns require extensive hospitalization and treatment and may result in scarring.
- Amputation: Traumatic amputations can occur as a result of an accident or when crush injuries happen that are severe and cannot be repaired. The types of accidents that are most likely to result in amputation include rollovers, T-bone collisions, and head-on accidents.
- Spinal cord injuries: Injuries to the spinal cord depend on the location along the spine where it happened and the extent. It can affect a person’s ability to move or have sensation, cause pain and a loss of bladder and bowel control as well as cause spasms. In more extreme cases, partial or total paralysis occurs.
- Broken bones: Broken bones commonly occur in a car collision. Most of them are of the arms or knees, referred to as dashboard knee. However, more serious breaks can occur such as to the hip or pelvis, which require surgery and extensive rehabilitation.
Rio Linda Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Rio Linda car accident lawyer. Having to face the cost of medical care and associated expenses from a motor vehicle accident can be difficult. However, if the accident was caused by an entity or another individual who was negligent, those costs can be recovered. For free and friendly advice, please contact me at (916) 921-6400. You can also reach me at (800) 404-5400 or through the online contact form at my website.
For more than 36 years, I have served the good people of Rio Linda and surrounding areas of Northern California in obtaining fair compensation, including all types of car accidents, wrongful deaths, and brain injuries.
I have membership at Million Dollar Advocates. Membership in this nationwide group is open to top trial lawyers with a verdict or settlement in excess of one million dollars that has been obtained for a client.
It can be difficult to decide which personal injury lawyer to phone when you need help. However, knowing something about their law practice before making that phone call is important. By visiting the following pages, you can see some of our prior cases and how they were resolved and also look over comments and reviews made by prior clients.
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_1371375_l-2015
:cd llo [cs 715] cv