Daly Avenue Intersection Crash Injures One Person
A driver who was reported by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) as a red light runner caused an Antelope intersection accident on January 12. The collision was reported around 6:41 p.m. at Daly Avenue and Antelope Road when the driver ran the light and collided with another vehicle. Both vehicles, a sedan, and an SUV, had to be removed from the accident scene by tow trucks.
One Person Reported as Injured in Intersection Accident
One person involved in the crash suffered an injury and complained of being in pain. It is unknown whether they were treated at the scene by paramedics or transported to a nearby hospital for further evaluation. The collision is being investigated to find out how it happened and to assign fault.
The Dangers of a Red Light Runner
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, those who run red lights were responsible for 846 traffic fatalities in 2018 as well as around 139,000 injuries. Those numbers have been reduced somewhat in states that have cameras mounted at intersections where a red light runner is likely. In some, running a red light can become almost habitual because they get away with it a time or two and increasingly do so. Some of the reasons a motorist runs a red light include:
- The light is close to changing: A driver who approaches a light that is about to turn red may think they can pass through before that happens. The problem is that once the driver has their foot on the accelerator and the light has just changed, it’s too late to avoid entering the intersection and causing a serious traffic collision. Barely red is still red.
- The driver is in a hurry or impatient: Those who are in a hurry may decide to risk being a red light runner. However, speeding through a red light only saves them a few seconds and isn’t worth the risk of injuring or killing someone else as well as themselves.
- Speeding: Speed limits are calculated so that the driver does not increase the risk of an accident. By going above the speed limit, the motorist has less control over his/her vehicle and needs a longer distance to stop. If speeding when nearing a red light, the driver has lost that ability.
- Drunk driving: Drunk drivers exhibit lessened vision and poorer reflexes, which means they may not notice a red light until it is too late if they see it at all. This type of red light runner causes many accidents.
- Distracted driving: Texting while driving has become a serious problem. Those who are texting, talking on their cell phone, or performing other activities while driving are obviously not keeping their eyes on the road. This can easily lead to being a red light runner, which can cause a serious accident.
Filing for Compensation Following a Red Light Runner Accident
Running a red light can cause significant injuries, especially when your vehicle has been struck broadside. Our injury attorneys have successfully handled many cases of this type and can do so for you too. By filing a personal injury claim for damages, the injured person can recover the cost of their medical expenses, for the time they have lost from work, and for their pain and suffering. Call to see how my law office can help you.
Antelope Car Accident Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith, and I am an Antelope car accident lawyer. When a red light runner caused your accident injuries, you may benefit from the advice of an injury attorney. You can call me for my free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or through our long-distance line at (800) 404-5400. I can be reached online too.
Look over client reviews and other helpful information about my law office below:
I’m proud to belong to:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/light-red-stop-street-427961/
:cd llo [cs 699]