Scott Road Major Injury Accident Involves Motor Vehicle and Motorcyclist
A major injury accident occurred near Rancho Cordova involving a motorcycle rider on February 19. The collision happened along Scott Road just south of White Rock at around 11:42 a.m. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) officers who responded to the crash said the accident involved a motorcycle and the driver of a Kia.
Investigation Underway to Determine Cause of Major Injury Accident
The motorcycle rider was transported to a hospital for additional evaluation and care. Because of a blind corner, a request was made for traffic to be directed in the area. The driver of the Kia remained at the scene. The accident is being investigated by authorities to determine the cause of the crash.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
The rider of a motorcycle isn’t protected like a driver of a motor vehicle, so a major injury accident is common. An accident can be caused by a rider’s error, but also by conditions on the road, the weather, and others. Negligence may be caused by the following factors:
- An unsafe left turn is the main cause of motor vehicle/motorcycle crashes. It is common for drivers to claim that they did not see the rider. In many cases, though, the driver saw the motorcycle but thought they could beat it across the street. This type of mistaken judgment often results in catastrophic outcomes because it is difficult to determine the distance and speed of an approaching vehicle.
- A major injury accident is often caused by distracted driving. Motorcyclists who are hit often suffer major injuries because ejection from their bikes can occur.
- A major injury accident can involve lane-splitting by a motorcycle rider. A motorcyclist can be involved in one of these accidents if the motorist switches lanes without looking for it.
- Dooring accidents occur due to negligent drivers of passenger vehicles. When drivers or passengers open their car doors without checking for traffic, these accidents occur.
- Motorcyclists are often involved in accidents caused by drunk drivers whose judgment and reflexes are impaired. Their lack of coordination may not allow them to stop in time from striking the rider, even when they see them.
- A poorly maintained roadway can cause a serious accident. Riders are especially vulnerable to potholes, upheavals, fissures, gravel, oil and other problems on the road. Injuries may be the responsibility of the government entity that maintains the roads. The time limit for filing this type of claim is six months so getting help from an accident attorney might be recommended.
As a motorcycle injury law firm, we have handled many successful claims over the years. To help our injured clients get the compensation they deserve, we know how to counter prejudice against riders in insurance companies or juries. This way, they will be able to recover compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering and loss of income.
Rancho Cordova Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Rancho Cordova personal injury lawyer. If you’ve been injured in an accident due to the negligence of another, call us at (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly advice. You can also reach us by phone at (800) 404-5400 or contact us online. Let one of our accident attorneys answer all your questions during your free, no-obligation consultation so that we can tell you whether to file a claim, what options are available to recover damages, and whether you are eligible to receive compensation.
For us, being members of the following organizations is an honor:
You can learn more about our firm and how our injury lawyers have assisted others by visiting the following links:
:cd llo