Rancho Cordova Major Accident
Rancho Cordova Major Accident. A Rancho Cordova major accident occurred on November 1 in the early morning along Zinfandel Drive when two vehicles collided. The number of persons who suffered major injuries was not reported. However, a unit with the Rancho Cordova police was holding back traffic while an emergency medical helicopter landed on the road to rush the injured persons to a nearby hospital. At this time, no information has been released on the identity of the person or persons who were taken to a hospital or the extent of their injuries.
Rancho Cordova Major Accident Details
The collision occurred shortly before 7:00 in the morning on northbound Zinfandel Drive and Douglas Road north of the Mather Golf Course. Both vehicles were reported by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) as leaking fuel, so fire company personnel were summoned to deal with the spill. The cause of the accident is being investigated by the CHP as to cause. It is unknown at this time whether drugs or alcohol played a role in the reason for the accident.
Causes of Collisions at Intersections
Human error is responsible for about 95 percent of all traffic accidents that can result in a Rancho Cordova major accident. Some of the reasons are:
- Drunk driving: Even in the early hours of the morning, drunk drivers can be on the road and contribute to over 10,000 traffic fatalities each year.
- Fatigued driving: Drivers who work on shifts, don’t get enough rest the night before, having a medical problem such as sleep apnea or for countless other reasons could cause accidents. This happens when they are drowsy and cross the centerline, are not cognizant of other drivers or fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Distracted driving: Driving while distracted is a major reason for traffic accidents, particularly texting or talking on a cell phone. Other reasons for distracted driving include eating or drinking while driving, accessing GPS and talking to other passengers instead of concentrating on the task at hand.
- Speeding: In 2016, speeders contributed to 27 percent of all traffic accidents. This is because a driver going above the posted speed limit has less time to react in an emergency, and the vehicle takes longer to stop. Also, the driver may lose control, causing a Rancho Cordova major accident.
- Road defects: Roads that are improperly maintained can have upheavals in the surface, potholes and other defects that can force a vehicle to go off course, causing an accident. The government entity responsible for the upkeep of those roads may be held accountable in cases such as these.
Watch the following video where attorney Ed Smith illustrates the dangers of distracted driving:
How an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Facing high medical bills and other costs caused by a Rancho Cordova major accident that was due to someone else’s negligence can be daunting and create a financial crisis for the family. An injury lawyer who has experience in these types of accidents can help by gathering all the evidence, including witness accounts, and compiling those outlying expenses. In this way, he or she can construct a strong case for compensation to pay those costs, allowing the family the peace of mind that the financial expense will be covered.
Rancho Cordova Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Rancho Cordova car accident lawyer. Accidents often cause serious injuries and result in time lost from work, major medical bills, and other associated costs. If this has happened to you or to someone you love, you may benefit from the advice of an experienced car accident lawyer to see whether you can recover those expenses. Please contact me at (916) 921-6400, for free and friendly advice. I also have a toll-free number at (800) 404-5400 and a convenient “contact us” page at AutoAccident.com, the website I created and own.
I belong to Million Dollar Advocates, a forum organized to showcase top trial attorneys who have won a jury verdict or case settlement in excess of one million dollars for a client.
During my 36-year career as an injury lawyer, I have been honored to have represented many Rancho Cordova residents, as well as other Northern Californians, to obtain fair compensation in all types of car accidents, traumatic brain injuries and cases involving wrongful death.
Choosing which lawyer to represent your case can be difficult but can be helped by hearing what others have had to say. The following links will take you to client reviews of my legal practice and a page that lists some of our previous cases and how they concluded:
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_2550970_l-2015; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUBpU5qGl0&feature=youtu.be
:cd llo [cs 785] cv