Guthrie Street Intersection Pedestrian Injury Accident
A pedestrian injury was reported in Sacramento on September 15 in a possible hit-and-run near Highlands High School that sent the walker to a hospital. The collision happened around 8:12 a.m. at the Guthrie Street intersection with Don Julio Boulevard. The Sacramento Fire Department was called to the scene to assess the condition of the pedestrian, who was then transported to Mercy San Juan Medical Center with major injuries.
Evidence Being Collected to Locate Hit-and-Run Driver
The responding California Highway Patrol (CHP) examined cameras in the area to see if they could spot and identify the vehicle. Investigators with the CHP traffic unit are collecting evidence at the scene to try and identify the fleeing driver.
Many times, a pedestrian accident occurs as a result of a negligent driver. Although other reasons may come into play, the majority are caused by one of the following:
- Speeding is a major cause of a pedestrian injury crash because the driver does not have enough time to stop or slow down to avoid the accident.
- Drivers under the influence of alcohol are incapable of judging distances and cannot stay in their own lane, which causes them to crash into other vehicles, bicyclists and pedestrians.
- When a driver is distracted by a text message, talking on the phone, or doing other activities, he or she is not paying attention to the road or nearby traffic.
- Fatigued driving is a common cause of accidents, especially after dark. Fatigue affects a motorist in ways similar to someone who is intoxicated, which means their reflexes slow down, and they can use poor judgment.
Seeking Legal Help With Personal Injury Cases
The expenses associated with serious injuries sustained in accidents often include hospitalization, medical bills, recuperation, and other costs. The injured person cannot work in the meantime and may have to live without income for an extended period of time after their accident. Depending on the severity of your injuries, your lawyer will calculate your financial losses and additional compensation, such as pain and suffering.
Collection of Evidence to Prove Liability
For a pedestrian injury accident as well as others, evidence against the at-fault person must be gathered to build a strong case. The evidence collected can depend on the accident, however, the following investigative techniques are often used:
- An investigation into a pedestrian injury accident begins at the collision site. There, the investigators collect available evidence such as paint chips, pieces of broken headlights and others that can help identify the vehicle and potential driver.
- It is imperative that our investigators thoroughly review accident reports and correct mistakes, so the injured client can place a claim.
- It is possible to find footage of the accident by reviewing the surveillance cameras in the area.
- In order to corroborate the statements of witnesses, they interview those who witnessed the accident.
Please watch the following video from Attorney Ed Smith:
A Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
I’m Ed Smith. A Sacramento personal injury lawyer can help if you were hurt in a collision involving a negligent driver. Contact our legal team at (916) 921-6400 for free, friendly advice about whether you can file a claim to recover the compensation you deserve. Alternatively, you can reach our accident attorneys by phone at (800) 404-5400 or online.
The following groups are an honor to be a part of:
The following pages provide examples of how our injury lawyers helped former clients obtain compensation:
:cd llo [cs 614]