Pedestrian Accident Claims Life in Manteca
A woman died in a pedestrian accident with a vehicle in Manteca on August 30 during the early morning hours. Authorities with the Manteca Police Department are investigating the accident, which occurred along Airport Way between East Lovelace Road and Daisywood Drive shortly after 6:30 in the morning. The police reported that the woman had suffered severe injuries from the accident and was pronounced dead by medics at the crash scene.
The driver of the vehicle remained at the accident site and was cooperative with local police in the investigation. The woman in question appeared to be somewhere in her 50s; however, her name has not yet been released.
This is the third accident fatality this week in Manteca. An earlier fatality was caused to a motorcycle rider when he struck a fire hydrant near West Atherton Drive and Langum Way. Another individual died after being in a collision along North Union Road.
What an Attorney Can Do for You
When someone in your family is killed in a pedestrian accident, the overwhelming grief may make it hard to think of anything beyond making funeral and burial arrangements. However, financial issues associated with your loved one’s demise persist, making it difficult to adjust to life without the person you love. That is where an attorney can be of assistance. We send our investigative team to the scene of the accident to scour the area for clues as to why the pedestrian crash occurred. Besides accumulating evidence left at the site, we also scrutinize police reports for accuracy, interview witnesses and obtain video footage of the accident. We then hand over this pedestrian accident data to our lawyers who use it to build a strong case against the at-fault party. This can be used in negotiations with insurers and be incorporated into a civil case. In a wrongful death case, the lawsuit can recover the cost of burial and funeral expenses as well as the loss of the decedent’s support.
How to Deal With Grief
Grief is a normal response to the loss of a loved one. Emotions such as sadness, anger, and disbelief are high. In many cases, grief can result in physical symptoms such as loss of appetite, insomnia, and an inability to interact with others. Losing a loved one causes the most intense form of grief, and recovery may seem impossible and even unwanted. Since there is no one way to deal with loss, no single piece of advice works for everyone. However, there are some things you can do to make it easier for you:
- Pay attention to your physical needs: This essentially means to eat and sleep appropriately. Maintaining your health makes it possible to deal with the many things that need to be done after a death. It also helps others who rely on you.
- Deal with your grief: After the first few hectic days or even weeks when a family member dies, you might feel better if you deal with the loss you’ve experienced.
- Grieving time: There is no specific time frame for someone to reconcile the grief. This varies from person to person. The worst thing you can do is to feel rushed. It will happen in its own time.
- Everyone has different approaches to grief: There is no right way to grieve. Some people can’t stop crying, and others hold it in.
- Dealing with fatigue: Many people who lose a loved one say that they feel an overpowering fatigue that makes it hard to work or keep up with daily chores. This is your body’s response to the loss. Aside from getting enough sleep and eating well, it might be beneficial to see your doctor.
Watch the following video presented by attorney Ed Smith that describes what a wrongful death claim is:
Manteca Wrongful Death Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Manteca wrongful death lawyer. Losing a loved one is a difficult experience, but more so when it may have been caused by negligence on the part of another individual or entity. If this happened to your family, call me at (209) 227-1931 for my free and friendly advice. In addition, I can be reached at (800) 404-5400 or through the contact form online.
I am a proud member of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, which reserves membership for those lawyers who display excellence in their profession. I also belong to the Million Dollar Forum, which represents lawyers who have won in excess of one million dollars for a prior client.
Find links to comments and reviews left by my clients as well as information on cases handled by my law firm below:
Photo Attribution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9-lg0clbRM;
:cd llo [cs 815]