Pardee Reservoir Accident Fatality
Pardee Reservoir Accident Fatality — Recently, an Ione woman lost her life in a single vehicle accident near the Pardee Reservoir in Calaveras County. The collision occurred shortly after 6:00 in the evening along Sandretto Road, just north of Campo Seco Road. A woman was driving her 2013 Hyundai Elantra northbound along Sandretto Road when, for unknown reasons, her vehicle collided with a guardrail and reportedly traveled over it. The Hyundai continued down a steep embankment, overturned, and came to a rest on its roof in the waters of Lake Pardee. The woman was extricated from the submerged vehicle by several bystanders before the arrival of emergency personnel. She was airlifted to the Memorial Medical Center in Modesto for treatment of life-threatening injuries. Sadly, the woman was not able to overcome her injuries and passed away during hospitalization. Officials have identified the victim as 35-year-old Autumn Hernandez of Ione.
I would like to send my healing thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of Ms. Hernandez as they endure the heartwrenching loss of their loved one.
Investigation of the Pardee Reservoir Accident Fatality
According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), investigators are currently looking into the accident. However, the circumstances leading up to the collision were not immediately understood, and no suspected factors have been confirmed yet. A GoFundMe account has been established by the loved ones of Ms. Hernandez to help her family during this difficult time.
Single Vehicle Accidents
Single vehicle accidents may on occasion be attributed to driver error and may involve factors such as:
- Distracted Driving: Distractions like texting, adjusting the radio, or reaching for an object that has fallen to the floor within the vehicle can take your focus off the road while driving and end in a collision.
- Drowsy Driving: Those who operate a motor vehicle while fatigued may doze off or even fall asleep while behind the wheel. When this happens, a driver can wake up and find themselves involved in a single vehicle collision.
- Medical Emergency: A driver may suffer from an unforeseen medical emergency and lose consciousness. In some instances, a single vehicle crash may occur as a result.
- Speeding: Driving over the posted speed limit or too fast for weather or road conditions often causes crashes with traumatic injuries or wrongful deaths.
Other Factors for Single Vehicle Accidents
Some single vehicle accidents may be caused by outside influences other than driver error. While these types of cases may be difficult to pursue, speaking with an experienced injury lawyer can help if you or your loved one were seriously injured or killed in a collision. Following are some outside factors for single vehicle accidents:
- Aggressive Driving or Road Rage Incidents: Aggressive driving and road rage has become an increasing problem on the roads today. Since road rage involves anger or aggression on the part of a motorist, it can result in various consequences. These may include physical or verbal altercations, forcing another driver off the road leading to a single vehicle accident, and other negligent behaviors.
- Defective Auto Parts and Equipment: Tire defects, brake failure, or other mechanical issues can lead to a single vehicle accident. In such cases, a claim may be filed against the manufacturer of the vehicle part to recover subsequent damages.
- Road Defects: The structural design and physical condition of the road falls under the responsibility of the government entity in which the road is located. If a roadway defect causes an accident, the government agency responsible for the maintenance of that road may be held liable for resultant injuries or wrongful deaths. Some examples of road defects include poor road design, insufficient maintenance, lack of hazard signs, potholes, and more. In these cases, an injured party or family member of a decedent must file a claim within six months or 180 days from the date of loss.
Ione Wrongful Death Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an Ione wrongful death lawyer. Motor vehicle accidents have the potential to cause serious injuries to those involved. In some cases, these collisions could be fatal. If you have lost a family member in an accident due to the fault of a negligent party or entity, I am genuinely sorry for your loss. You are welcome to contact me anytime for compassionate, free and friendly legal advice at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400.
Visit the following pages to find out what others have said about my law firm:
As a California member of the Million Dollar Advocates, I join other top trial attorneys that have won case verdicts and settlements worth $1 million or more for a client.
Go to our Verdicts and Settlements page to view a list of the results for previous cases we have handled.
Pardee Reservoir Accident Fatality: AutoAccident.com
Photograph Attribution: By “Counseling” via Pixabay / Pardee Reservoir Accident Fatality
:ds [cs 816] cv